Summit Plaza Deck Inside Cabin 3071 query

floridakeith

Can anyone who has been on Summit in an inside cabin on Plaza Deck help me? We are booked in Cabin 3071 for the 12 Feb 2006 Panama Canal cruise. Back in June we were on Galaxy in Plaza Deck cabin 5073 and discovered to our horror a huge pillar in the cabin that meant that the beds could not be arranged as a queen as we had requested with access from both sides. On complaining we were moved to another cabin on a higher deck as the ship was fortunately not full. The brochure to this day does not acknowledge that many of the inside cabins on Galaxy's Plaza Deck have this problem.

I have sent two e-mails to Captains Club asking them to confirm that we won't have a similar problem on Summit but apart from the automatic acknowledgement have had no reply. I don't know if this means there is a problem or if they are bad at replying so if anyone can tell me what their experience was it will help me know the situation.

We were just on the Century, and some people we met said they had the same problem with their inside cabin on that ship. For our upcoming 2-night cruise on the Millennium, we are booked in #3109 on the Plaza deck. Now I am wondering if booking that cabin was a mistake (even if it is only for 2 nights). :(

Cindy

Archived