Vendors at Piers

biojeep

Will be traveling on Serenade of Seas in October & wanted to know if there are independent tour vendor booths at the piers. This is how we booked our excursions on our Alaskan cruise & the prices were considerably cheaper than ship tours. Recommendations for independent tours would be greatly appreciated. We are going to Halifax, Bar Harbor, Portland, St. John.

As far as I know there are no vendor booths at the piers in Halifax, Charlottetown or Sydney. You may find some taxis or vans offering tours when you exit but you have no idea what you are getting. You are better off going on your own (renting a car if necessary) or booking a private tour ahead of time. If you do a search here on the Ports of Call forum for private tours you should find some more information.

Here is a fairly up to date thread which may help: https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g154976-i327-k9826510-Arriving_by_cruise_to_Halifax_please_help-Halifax_Halifax_Region_Nova_Scotia.html

Also search online for Toms Port Guides.

For Bar Harbor which is a tender port, there are no independent tour vendor booths at the town dock.

If you are interested in a tour of Acadia National Park, there are 2 independent operators that provide tours. I would recommend booking online.

Tour companies (both have excellent TA reviews):

SBtS