Taxi hire for 3 hours

tellumom

We've stayed on St. Kitts 3 times, and have seen all the sights. We are in for the day as a cruise stop and want to take a taxi to Reggae for lunch, then check out the new Park Hyatt, then stop at Shipwreck to get a tee shirt. Any idea of cost? We don't need any tour.

I would guess about $30 per hour depending on how many sharing the ride. Reggae Beach Bar is the farthest point from the port. The Hyatt was supposed to be open this Spring but they say later now.

Thnks for the info...just figuring out how much cash to bring...

We've been to Reggae Beach Bar (Cockleshell Beach) a four years ago. Cab was $28.00 to get there but since there were more than 4 people, we were only charged $7.00 per person, each way. We were there in September 2015 and went to Brimstone Fort & then Shipwreck afterwards for a few hours. There were two of us and we got a driver for the day. Price was agreed on BEFORE we left. At the cruise center, there is usually someone standing out front of the entrance. We told him where we wanted to go. Long short, it's was $28.00 per cab to Brimestone, $56.00 round trip. It was an additional $4.00 per person, or $8.00 round trip, to Shipwreck. We originally wanted to go back to Reggae/Cockleshell beach for about an hour then to Shipwreck, but that would have also been $28.00 ($56.00 round trip), so we just opted for Shipwreck when finished at the fort. So the price hadn't changed any from 2013 to 2015, but don't know if it's still the same or not.

Thanks. So it looks like $56 or so for going to Reggae to catch lunch and drink, then maybe another 20 to stop at Shipwreck. I don't see us needing a taxi for more than 3 hours, and will be sure to agree on the price ahead of time. I assume you pay at completion of the trip?

Thanks. So it looks like $56 or so for going to Reggae to catch lunch and drink, then maybe another 20 to stop at Shipwreck. I don't see us needing a taxi for more than 3 hours, and will be sure to agree on the price ahead of time. I assume you pay at completion of the trip?

Yes, we paid the whole amount that we owed/tip at the end when our driver dropped us off at the cruise center. He stayed at the fort with us since we were only there for an hour and once he dropped us off at Shipwreck for the three hours, he left and came back on the time we asked him to pick us up. But our price was definitely set ahead of time, no surprises. That could be since they charge by the distance, but I'm not positive. You may even be able to work out a deal if you're only running into Shipwreck for about 20 minutes for T-shirts. Shipwreck is on the way back from Cockleshell, it so only a short *side trip* down that road may not cost you extra keeping your total cost for the cab at $56.00 for the round trip. It certainly wouldn't hurt to ask. ;)

Yes, we paid the whole amount that we owed/tip at the end when our driver dropped us off at the cruise center. He stayed at the fort with us since we were only there for an hour and once he dropped us off at Shipwreck for the three hours, he left and came back on the time we asked him to pick us up. But our price was definitely set ahead of time, no surprises. That could be since they charge by the distance, but I'm not positive. You may even be able to work out a deal if you're only running into Shipwreck for about 20 minutes for T-shirts. Shipwreck is on the way back from Cockleshell, it so only a short *side trip* down that road may not cost you extra keeping your total cost for the cab at $56.00 for the round trip. It certainly wouldn't hurt to ask. ;)

Perfect. Thanks!