How crazy will FLL restaurants be this weekend (May 5-7 2017)?

pandaball

More specifically, I'm asking about restaurants for dinner on this coming Saturday, May 6th. Between Cinco de Drinko and the air show in Ft. Lauderdale this weekend, will it be wiser to just grab some subs and chips from Publix and picnic in the hotel?

Beach will be a zoo. Restaurants away from beach might not be as bad. Quarterdeck (the one off of 17th not the one on Las Olas), Southport Raw Bar or Kelly's Landing might be options, especially KL as it's sort of a hole in the wall. There is also a Laspada's on 17th, great subs, although Pub Subs are usually good too. Enjoy your trips.

Thank you Bkchero! What you say about KL makes sense, looking at the map. Might head there, depending on what conditions on the ground are like at the time. Which would you say is a better bet for seafood between KL and Southport? :)

Good question. I like them both and don't think you can go wrong with either. KL is a Boston themed place. The NE clam chowdah is wicked. If you want raw bar type stuff, I.e. peel & eat shrimp, I'd lean SP. For an actual meal I'd probably lean KL. It depends on what you are looking for. SP is also not the most modern looking, but it gives the place some charm. Both get good reviews on TripAdvisor if that helps.

Season is over and restaurants will be calmed down.

Roccos Tacos will be packed for Cinco de Mayo.

Yes, the beach restaurants will be busy over the weekend.

Las Olas should be nice.

I prefer Kellys Landing over Southport.

I would much rather go out to eat than sit in my hotel room eating a Publix sub on the bed.

Looks like it's going to be Kelly's, and also seems like it's not a long walk from the hotel at all.

I would much rather go out to eat than sit in my hotel room eating a Publix sub on the bed.

Most definitely! That's why I figured I'd do some reconnaissance first. :)