Carnival internet plan

mikel24m

Hi all

I just read a thread that you can now buy internet plans before you sail. I did the middle plan for $82 for 8 days plus tax.Does anyone know if this is cheaper or more expensive than booking onboard. They shouldn't charge tax onboard if you buy it then right?

Thanks

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

The Value (or middle tier) plan is $16/day when purchased on board, but I'm not sure what it would be with the first-day/entire cruise discount. No, they won't charge taxes if purchased on board. You might want to have a look at this thread. A few users post prices, it might give you an idea. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2494813

Hi all

I just read a thread that you can now buy internet plans before you sail. I did the middle plan for $82 for 8 days plus tax.Does anyone know if this is cheaper or more expensive than booking onboard. They shouldn't charge tax onboard if you buy it then right?

Thanks

I'm not sure when your cruise is planned for, but as of right now pre-purchasing the internet packages is only available on Vista and Fascination.

It should be available to the rest of the fleet by "mid-summer" (not exactly sure what date they will roll it out. July?)

Technically there already is a discount- if paying for the length of cruise vs. buying it daily.

It doesn't look like there is currently any discount by pre-purchasing but once it is rolled out to all ships, hopefully there will be some discount vs. buying once on board.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

The Value (or middle tier) plan is $16/day when purchased on board, but I'm not sure what it would be with the first-day/entire cruise discount. No, they won't charge taxes if purchased on board. You might want to have a look at this thread. A few users post prices, it might give you an idea. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2494813

Thanks I guess it is a bit cheaper. I paid $10.25 per day plus tax for our 8 day Vista cruise in November

I'm not sure when your cruise is planned for, but as of right now pre-purchasing the internet packages is only available on Vista and Fascination.

It should be available to the rest of the fleet by "mid-summer" (not exactly sure what date they will roll it out. July?)

Technically there already is a discount- if paying for the length of cruise vs. buying it daily.

It doesn't look like there is currently any discount by pre-purchasing but once it is rolled out to all ships, hopefully there will be some discount vs. buying once on board.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

We are going on the Vista so we were able to pre book it at a nice discount.The other poster said it was 16 per day regularly and we paid 10.25 so I think I did good :)

Thanks

Not 100% sure, however, I think the Value (or middle tier) plan is more like $10 and change per day. The premium is more like $17 ish I think

Not 100% sure, however, I think the Value (or middle tier) plan is more like $10 and change per day. The premium is more like $17 ish I think
According to the Carnival FAQ's, the Social plan is $5/day. Value is $16/day. Premium is $25/day. Those are the on board prices. Then you can factor in being discounted for purchasing a plan on day 1 for the entire cruise. If you pre-purchase a plan online, they're $4.25/day, $10.25/day, and $17/day. Edited by Organized Chaos

We are going on the Vista so we were able to pre book it at a nice discount.The other poster said it was 16 per day regularly and we paid 10.25 so I think I did good :)

Thanks

Yup. Definitely cheaper to get it online if you can. I paid $10.25 per day too for our upcoming Vista 6 day for the middle package vs. $16. And the premium package is $16 online in advance vs. $25 buying onboard based on the new pricing as of May 2, 2017. I used my discounted gift cards, so I'm loving the savings!