POSTTHANKU OBC Refundable or Not?

Luvcrusn

On our next sailing in Nov we received 4 perks, plus a booking discount under the Endless Summer program, and added OBC.

3 weeks later got the Post Thank You OBC added.

All one can do is call and ask.

I certainly can understand if a TA made their OBC non-refundable. The OBC is for the cruiser to enjoy while on their cruise, not to take home with them, otherwise why doesn't the TA just take that amount off their cruise cost.

Because they can't!

Cruise prices are fixed by the line and anyone attempted to reduce that rate would be likely to lose booking privileges. That's why you will only find the same rates on all sites. There is, however, no restriction on what TAs can offer as 'booking perk'.

We're booked on the 10-night ABC islands cruise in October and ther price we paid is $300 lower than the (later offered) current rate. We also got the drinks package, pre-paid gratuities and $300 OBC (plus an extra $50 loyalty bonus), so I think we got a good deal. In fact, our rate for a Concierge class room was $100 less than that of an OV without all those perks!

My point is, only two of thise perks were from X and the third was offered by the TA. The small print said 'may be delivered as a shipboard credit', so we may well see as much as $610 ($300 OBC + $50 Loyalty bonus + $260 to pay gratuities), of which $300 is probably provided by X and therefore non-refundable. I have absolutely no doubt that between upgrading one drinks package to Premium, excursions, specialty dining and, of course, gratuities, we'll use it all up anyway!