AIBP/Soda & More update - OM

reedprincess

Happy to hear it has been reinstated... I too figured it would, so was not concerned to the point of cancelling my medallion cruise for Feb 2018. I would prefer to wait until onboard to purchase it so that I can use OBC, but part of me wants to err on the side of caution and purchase it now "just in case" those in the offices at Princess decide to change their minds.

Boy, you are like a dog with a bone, aren't you.

I could understand 'disappointed', or even 'upset'.

You could still buy drinks and pay per drink, the only issue was a package price.

And, this produces anguish?

If I found some aspect of my planned vacation causing 'anguish', I would plan a different vacation.

I could understand 'disappointed', or even 'upset'.

You could still buy drinks and pay per drink, the only issue was a package price.

And, this produces anguish?

If I found some aspect of my planned vacation causing 'anguish', I would plan a different vacation.

Good grief. If I apologized to you for using the wrong word, would that make you happy? Or would you just prefer to berate me a while longer. Your choice.

I would hate to be on that first Medallion cruise. It has absolute disaster written all over it. Princess...technology...not a match made in heaven.

I'm looking forward to being on the first Medallion cruise on the Caribbean Princess. I don't expect everything to be perfect, but that will just add some adventure to our cruise. I don't expect it to affect navigation or safety on the ship, so nothing else will cause an "absolute disaster". I expect there will be plenty of food and drink available, and I don't really care if I can order my drinks Here & Now or There & Then - as long as I can sit at a bar and order there.

I'm looking forward to being on the first Medallion cruise on the Caribbean Princess. I don't expect everything to be perfect, but that will just add some adventure to our cruise. I don't expect it to affect navigation or safety on the ship, so nothing else will cause an "absolute disaster". I expect there will be plenty of food and drink available, and I don't really care if I can order my drinks Here & Now or There & Then - as long as I can sit at a bar and order there.

Your cruise is four months after the first Medallion cruise so yes, I'd expect things to be worked out by then. But the first medallion cruise on Regal? I stand by my assessment and I don't just mean drinks. Rooms not opening, payments not being accepted, wi-fi issues. Changes on Princess never seem to go smoothly.

Waiting%20On%20Shore_zps2z1jsjf9.jpg

"Waiting On Shore" Rosses Point, Sligo, Ireland. The sculpture, by Niall Breton, reflects the anguish of seafaring people who watch for the safe return of loved ones and AIBPs on Princess Ocean Medallion voyages.

;)