Life vests for three year old

Going on Majesty of the Seas this Monday. We are taking our three year old grandaughter. Will they have a life vest for her size, or will she have to wear an adult size life vest? Her mother is asking because she thinks it would make a cute photo at the muster station during the drill.

Also, does anyone know if my Sprint phone will work on the ship? I know it will work in Key West.

Thanks

Oh, what a trip you will have! Just got back from a cruise on the Majesty of the Seas with DH to celebrate 20 years of marriage. It was a wonderful and memorable trip!

When you board, tell them you have a child in the room and they will deliver a child size life jacket to your room. Initially, your room will have only adult size jackets. They repeat this message over the PA system several times as they want to make sure kids are wearing the appropriate size jacket.

Phone services are sporadic. I had service in Miami and Key West but not Bahamas - I have Cingular. DH had very little service anywhere with his Nextel.

Happy Cruising!

Going on Majesty of the Seas this Monday. We are taking our three year old grandaughter. Will they have a life vest for her size, or will she have to wear an adult size life vest? Her mother is asking because she thinks it would make a cute photo at the muster station during the drill.

Also, does anyone know if my Sprint phone will work on the ship? I know it will work in Key West.

Thanks

Of course, they will have a life vest for a three year old. It's not a matter of a "cute photo," it's a matter of safety!!!

You are correct and I know how important these muster drills are. I did not mean to imply that they are not taken seriously, because I know they are. This will be my 20th cruise and on all the different cruise lines I have been on, RCL is great in administering to everyone what to do in case of an emergency. Sorry if you misunderstood me. I also make a photo album of our family trips and thought I would include the muster drill on the first day.

kroth...I don't think that you need to apologize for your question. Of course, your child's safety is your first concern, but you are right...it will make a very cute photo. Enjoy your cruise. The Majesty is a great ship.

As stated before your room steward will provide a jacket for your grand daughter. Be VERY careful about using your cell phone. You will find that you will have a signal (good) when near the islands. HOWEVER, roming charges will apply if your carrier does not have an agreement with the company's tower you are bouncing off of. Last week I found out after I had used the phone several times that roming charges Started at $1.99 a minute and went up from there. My thoughts - be careful if you don't want an unpleasant suprise. - Have a great time - Mark

Archived