Carnival Dream 5/28: Beach Break Advice

lenaris

Howdy.

My extended family (four adults, three kids ages 3-8) want to take a beach break for our Cozumel port day. I am not seeing a CCL excursion that is what we are looking for- A simple beach break that is well-rated without "all inclusives," and one where you don't spend an inordinate amount of time transporting to the site.

There are many third-party locations that seem to fit the need. However, one concern is safety of cab drivers and making it back to the port on time.

I am very grateful for any constructive advice/insight.

Hi. Mr Sanchos is the best!!! They have a side that is NOT all inclusive. They just ask you buy some food and drink. Free chairs and awesome service.

Taxis are readily available $16 each way. We have been to Cozumel 8 times. Always have felt safe and have never waited for a taxi.

Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We go to Chakanaab. About $21 to enter for adults (coupons available on the web for $2 discount). Taxi is under $15 each way and I've never felt uncomfortable in a taxi in Cozumel (this upcoming cruise will make my fifth time to Chakanaab). The taxi trip is about 10 minutes or less. Drinks and food available for purchase but not included. They will deliver to your beach chair and the food is actually pretty good. Watch your watch (timepiece) and you will make it back on time. Taxis are stationed outside the gate when you want to return to the pier.

Paradise Beach! Just hop in a cab...no entry fee. You pay a couple of dollars for a chair and umbrella and I think they ask you to spend $10.00 a person in food and drinks. They also have a beautiful pool area to use, shopping and changing areas. A great day!

I will second the Paradise Beach suggestion! We did that in January and it was a great way to spend the day! They have a good restaurant, bar, pool, beach with lots of shade and chairs, inflatable water toys, and they don't come around all day trying to force you to buy anything! It is about $20 for a cab (not per person, total). :cool:

Third on Paradise Resort!!

$3 per person and that gives you chairs and umbrellas and access to the pool.

I want to say it's around $17 more if you want to do the inflatables. My husband would pay for himself and my 6yr old so he could take him kayaking otherwise the water was too deep for him to go alone on the inflatables. I wouldn't pay for me as I don't like all that stuff. Just give me a chair, a drink, a beautiful view. They do not police on how much you spend on food or drinks but they do ask that you patronize their menu. They also have a very nice pool without having to spend the extra cost on inflatables. I brought some cheap sand toys on the ship for my littles to use on port days and then just left them on the last day so not to have to haul them off. Each kid also had their own backpack to carry with a couple toys each, their goggles, and their towel, and change of clothes so I wasn't having to haul it all (not my toddler, of course). Also, attached to their backpacks they had their puddle jumper life jackets clipped and hanging outside of the backpack.

9c38456acde7a3039d85841687fc201f.jpg this is just to show you their backpacks but the pics are from Paradise Resort

02f22ef36e570e735bc59e52734d50d4.jpgdff064b7f0f0cde19057df3268e6f457.jpg29f41c74e59b45a8c8718caed246b806.jpgf2753f0326808f2b8254d7896630ac23.jpgfa0799650b72b8b3cc1568798b474499.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

However, one concern is safety of cab drivers and making it back to the port on time.

I am very grateful for any constructive advice/insight.

Cozumel is one of the safest ports in the world and cabs are fairly well regulated on the island (especially compared to the crooks in Philly :mad:); the fares to most of the popular tourist spots will be posted on a board near the taxi line for your pier. Expect to pay about $35+ each way for 7 of you in a van-taxi to Paradise Beach, which sounds like a perfect match for your group - nice beach, great facilities, HUGE pool, and good food/drinks/service. Taxi to Chankanaab will be cheaper, but then you'll pay adult admissions of about $20 each. There will be an expediter working the cab line - tell him how many in your party and where you want to go; it never hurts to verify the fare with the driver BEFORE you get into the cab.

When you are ready to return there will be cabs lined up waiting, or the staff will call one for you. There are 3 cruise ship piers on Coz - be sure you go back to the correct one (it can be challenging after 6-8 margaritas :rolleyes:). Allow for time to walk from the taxi drop spot to your ship and for security/screening. Use a watch, not your cell phone to keep track of ship's time.

Have a great cruise! :cool: