Clue on Conquest

tycup

What do y'all think about the new clue game aboard the Conquest? Is it as fun as they make it sound? On average how many meetings throughout the week do they have? Are they at convient time? Any insights you may have will be appreciated.

TIA

I recall playing a similar "who done it" game on Fascination several years ago.

I just returned from Conquest - I didn't participate in the clue game but I was at a couple bingo sessions where clues were given just before bingo started.

• 3 weeks later...

It is not that much. They give you the whole set up about the murder at the first meeting. The clues (Ha-ha) are given throughout the cruise. The clues are short little blurbs before Bingo and other activities. Those clues tell a suspect's short little story that shows why they aren't the murderer. So they tell you so-and-so didn't do it at one of the locations, with one of the murder weapons. They keep eliminating suspects, locations, and weapons. After the first clue I paid little attention to it the rest of the cruise. You fill out a form with the correct information and then there was a drawing if I remember correctly. I don't know what the drawing was for.

It is not that much. They give you the whole set up about the murder at the first meeting. The clues (Ha-ha) are given throughout the cruise. The clues are short little blurbs before Bingo and other activities. Those clues tell a suspect's short little story that shows why they aren't the murderer. So they tell you so-and-so didn't do it at one of the locations, with one of the murder weapons. They keep eliminating suspects, locations, and weapons. After the first clue I paid little attention to it the rest of the cruise. You fill out a form with the correct information and then there was a drawing if I remember correctly. I don't know what the drawing was for.

Agree with this post played this twice years ago on Breeze and Liberty I think. Was more fun in theory. Lots of teens yelling out the answer on the last day. The box filled with answers had easily a couple hundred answers for a ship on a stick.

It was pretty disappointing to be honest. As mentioned, there is nothing to figure out. They just eliminate suspects one by one. On the cruise we just returned from, the "winner" didn't even have the correct answer. It was pretty much just a random draw. I think the prize was a travel clue game, but it wasn't anything really fun.

We just participated in the Clue mystery on the Legend and liked it. They had one show in the main theater to set everything up. They had people dressed up as each of the characters, and they would each do a skit, revealing what weapon they had, and what room they were in at the time of the murder.

Then there would be a clue in the form of a puzzle posted near the coffee bar on various days during the week (there were 5 clues and it was a 8 day cruise, so not enough for each day).

Here's a picture of one of the clues, so you can see what I mean:

76c716bd2fa93e1c2b4fb3c72941f6db.jpg

When you solved a clue, it would eliminate one of the suspects, until you eventually knew who it was. At the end of the cruise, you wrote down the killer's name, the weapon, and the room. The CD picked the winner from the box, but she did it the right way, meaning if the slip of paper she picked didn't have the correct answer, they didn't win. She kept picking until she got one with the right answer and I believe they won a Hasbro prize pack or gift certificate (can't recall which).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just participated in the Clue mystery on the Legend and liked it. They had one show in the main theater to set everything up. They had people dressed up as each of the characters, and they would each do a skit, revealing what weapon they had, and what room they were in at the time of the murder.

Then there would be a clue in the form of a puzzle posted near the coffee bar on various days during the week (there were 5 clues and it was a 8 day cruise, so not enough for each day).

When you solved a clue, it would eliminate one of the suspects, until you eventually knew who it was. At the end of the cruise, you wrote down the killer's name, the weapon, and the room. The CD picked the winner from the box, but she did it the right way, meaning if the slip of paper she picked didn't have the correct answer, they didn't win. She kept picking until she got one with the right answer and I believe they won a Hasbro prize pack or gift certificate (can't recall which).

WOW! It looks like the Legend does it different than the Conquest. We had the set up show but not the puzzles. Just an elimination of a suspect, location, and weapon at the time listed for getting a clue in the Fun Times. It was usually before Bingo.

It sounds like the Legend may be the only one that makes it fun. That's too bad, I was looking forward to trying it on the conquest. I'll probably still give it a shot.