Fascination - Oldie But Goodie???

phillyburbslady

It's been over a year since I've been on her, but she's as good as any other out there as far as I am concerned. I'll take the Fantasy class anyday over the newer ships, and I would go on this one in a heartbeat. She may not have all the bells and whistles of the Conquest or Destiny class, but she is still a great ship.

Joe

It's been over a year since I've been on her, but she's as good as any other out there as far as I am concerned. I'll take the Fantasy class anyday over the newer ships, and I would go on this one in a heartbeat. She may not have all the bells and whistles of the Conquest or Destiny class, but she is still a great ship.

Joe

Hi

My goodness, what a VERY special person you are........and how sweet of you to take your family on a cruise. Wow - can you adopt me and my children too??????

We were on this ship in April of this year......and LOVED IT. Of course, keep in mind, it was our 1st cruise, but we had a fabulous time. We had no idea what to expect - so we went with an open mind and a positive attitude. We were in V20 - an inside guarantee - loved our room stewards (Vonna and Re'ka), the food was very good to fabulous - (we tried many many things), the entertainment was good (kept us amused and busy as we wanted to be), the ship was very clean and everything we saw was working and in great shape.

We did the 4 nite to Cozumel and Key West. I would give it definitely a thumbs up! I am truly envious of your graciousness and loving heart - taking your family will be a wonderful vacation and the opportunity for many many memories. Have a wonderful time!

PS - I noticed you are from Philly (or so I think) - do you have any advice on the PHL airport - as far as parking - valet services etc..? We are taking our children in Jan. and flying our of PHL and wondered how these services are? TIA

[quote name=my3kids

PS - I noticed you are from Philly (or so I think) - do you have any advice on the PHL airport - as far as parking - valet services etc..? We are taking our children in Jan. and flying our of PHL and wondered how these services are? TIA[/quote]

The long term parking at the Philly airport is no problem. It cost $9 per day. Try to park near one of the little structures as these are the only places the shuttle(which comes often) will stop. Finding the lot can be a little tricky, (at the moment 'cause of construction) if you miss the small, tiny, itty bitty sign just loop around, don't hesitate to ask someone after a few loops.

PS-Did I mention the sign is small?

we've sailed the fascination each of the last 3 years and have enjoyed each cruise! the crew members are always awesome! there are some signs of wear and tear, but nothing major at all. and we are booked again in april 2006 with 7 people (how ironic).

i've read that she is going into dry dock in april or sept of 2006, so depending on when you sail, you may sail a newly refurbished ship.

jason

Hi

PS - I noticed you are from Philly (or so I think) - do you have any advice on the PHL airport - as far as parking - valet services etc..? We are taking our children in Jan. and flying our of PHL and wondered how these services are? TIA

Hi Robin,

Since I fly Continental, I usually fly out of Newark Liberty airport. At any rate, I never drive and park, but always have a family member or limo drop me off as parking at EWR can be a nightmare. Sorry I can't help. If you google the airport you may be able to get info from a website.

Thanks everyone for your opinions. Looks like I picked a winner. :)

The Fascination will be great for your family vacation! The crew and staff are superfriendly, the ship beautifully maintained.

The kids will love the self service ice cream, and the 24 hour pizza (which is to die for).

I always mention my Fascination "secret", the 2 small dining patios at the rear of the lido/pool restaurant, accessed aft on each side (next to pizza station, and the bar on the opp side). These are deserted for the first few days!

I always mention my Fascination "secret", the 2 small dining patios at the rear of the lido/pool restaurant, accessed aft on each side (next to pizza station, and the bar on the opp side).

Agreed. This used to be my favorite hang out/hideaway downtime spot on the Fantasy class until I discovered BALCONIES!

I too loved the outdoor dining area near the pizza area. I loved getting up around sunrise and setting out there drinking coffee and warm 80 degree sea breezes in Jan of 2003. Makes me want to rebook now. I too have been on the conquest but it has no dining area as neat as that one.

Hi - we just got back from the Fascination yesterday - had a great time. The food in the dining room was wonderful - the staff friendly and efficient. There is a great slide in the main pool, an "adults only" hot tub, mini golf, ping pong, basketball, volleyball, good shows, great pizza and reubens (sp?) at the deli. The shore excursions and purser's desk were very helpful. The ship is constantly being cleaned - we had an outside room, which included a safe, nice, thick robes and plenty of storage. Some of the ship looks a little worn - like the rugs in the hallway - but the staff, activities and food more than make up for it.

The Fascination will be great for your family vacation! The crew and staff are superfriendly, the ship beautifully maintained.

The kids will love the self service ice cream, and the 24 hour pizza (which is to die for).

I always mention my Fascination "secret", the 2 small dining patios at the rear of the lido/pool restaurant, accessed aft on each side (next to pizza station, and the bar on the opp side). These are deserted for the first few days!

is the Paradise the same class of ship? If so, I think I know what you're talking about...my wife and I loved this spot! No one was ever there till mid way through the cruise, but by that point we'd already gotten our enjoyment out of it :)

I also like the 2 "secret" doors near the lido bars on either side....they both take you to the Forward part of the ship. Most people don't go through these doors as they think they are for the crew, but they're not - they're public! :)

Archived