ISO nice relaxing beach experience

CountryCruiser

Going to be on Barbados in June and looking for a nice relaxing beach to just hang out on. Things we are hoping for: Shade, economical food and drinks, nice water and sand, relaxing environment. Anybody have any good suggestions? Right now we are considering The Boatyard.

I liked the boatyard, but wouldn't necessarily call it a "relaxing" place to be. The water was beautiful, literally clear as a bathtub. You get a lounger and an umbrella with the entrance fee (it was $20 when we went), plus a free drink and a free ride back to the ship. But the boatyard is kind of an active place. They have loud music and water trampolines and a rope swing, so it probably won't be quiet.

I noticed that there is a large swath of beach, probably a mile long, right next to the boatyard, that is free. I'm not sure where you go to enter that portion of the beach, but if you aren't interested in the free drink and the water toys, you could always try that. But then again, you'd still have to pay for a lounger from a beach vendor somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are other beach clubs along Carlisle Bay renting chairs/umbrellas without the water toys and other things the boatyard offers. Check out Harbor Lights and Lobster Alive.