Liberty Splash Pad / Aqua Park

We are between 3 ships, Liberty being one of them and the other 2 are NCL (getaway and escape). We will be traveling with our 3.5 year old son who is very active and water obsessed. I know we will be spending a ton of time at the kids water park/splash pad and wondering how this the one on the Liberty is.

We sailed on Oasis this past fall and the splash pad was just OK. Nothing super exciting about it. It held his attention but not for long, he spend more time in the pool and whirlpool. Its hard to tell by pictures so looking for experiences of others who have cruised the Liberty.

Try this video:

I just watched that a few hours ago, thanks so much for linking it. The aqua park on the ship looks awesome, totally up my little ones alley. I just send our TA an email to book the sailing, I just hope we like it. Oasis was great but the food was pretty poor. This will be my 7th cruise but 2nd with RCCL. Im hoping we love the ship.

Can you drive to Galveston? Because flying into Houston, you have to take a rather expensive shuttle to Galveston. That is a deal breaker for some.

We are coming from Ca so driving is out of the questions. We have some friends in the Houston area so we are going to see if anyone is willing to help us out and drive us to/from the airport (since its only 40ish miles) and keep the car seat for us until we get back. If not we are thinking of taking Uber or renting a car (depending on where we can return near the port).

We are coming from Ca so driving is out of the questions. We have some friends in the Houston area so we are going to see if anyone is willing to help us out and drive us to/from the airport (since its only 40ish miles) and keep the car seat for us until we get back. If not we are thinking of taking Uber or renting a car (depending on where we can return near the port).

Many of the people I met back in February had challenges with transportation to the cruise terminal either night before or day of. If your friends can't help out, then look into scheduling with Galveston Limousine Service. We were very impressed with them and it's the cheapest service out there.

http://www.galvestonlimo.com/airport-shuttle.asp

The kids splash zone is the best I've seen anywhere. Even though I don't have kids, I would get memorized just watching all of it.

• 2 weeks later...

TEGL, we are going on Liberty in September with our 3 little ones, one of which is your son's age, and are looking forward to it. Everything I have seen in videos about the Splashaway Bay (splash pad/kids pool area) on the ship looks great.

Just a heads up, trying to book a rental car and drop it off in Galveston is an absolute NIGHTMARE. The only real option is Enterprise, which I found out last time we sailed out of Galveston. It was a headache to book (they don't like you doing one way dropoffs to Galveston) and when we got there, there was no shuttle over to the cruise terminal (weird, I know), so we thought we would take a taxi. Big mistake, there are only a few taxi's in Galveston, and they were all booked solid. Our saving grace was four guys that had just got off the cruise ship and had walked through the sketchy parts of Galveston to get to the car rental location (over a mile and a half, I think) who heard our frustrations with call the taxi people, and asked if we wanted to have them take us and drop us off. I gave them money for the hassle, but it was a nightmare. You might have better luck, but everything that I had read about renting a car from Houston to Galveston, or visa versa on the way back, was not good.

I would suggest, as someone did, renting a private shuttle or limousine service. That's what we are doing this time. Good luck and have fun on your cruise!

Just off liberty and the water park is great. However they had a separate area for babies and non potty trained toddlers which was tiny and definitely geared toward babies so hopefully yours is fully potty trained. There are slides but they have height restrictions so my 6 year old could not go on the bigger of the two. She still had fun. They also have life jackets available for the family pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The kids splash zone is the best I've seen anywhere. Even though I don't have kids, I would get memorized just watching all of it.

Really is mesmerizing! I sat in the lounges that overlook the splash area and there's a LOT going on to watch. Really neat early morning and late at night when all the lights are on.

The kids seemed to be enjoying it as well.