Fun Shop Refunds and Gift Cards

pbasciano

Has anyone experienced problems getting refunds from carnival for purchases made online (fun shop / excursion) cancelled prior to their cruise? I have one refund outstanding since mid-march and another one that is about three weeks old. I have called on the first several times, each time it takes about an hour and being transferred around and ends with it is still being processed. Has anyone experienced similar problems or have any suggestions about how to get in touch with someone at carnival that can help?

No...I have always had my refund within 2 or 3 days of cancelling it as recently as last week when I cancelled an order I had made in January. Cancelled last Tuesday and had refund back in account by end of week. Was it on a credit card or your checking account? If CC then it might have something to do with your CC posting delay, just a thought. Good Luck!

Thank you. My post was not real clear. My credit cards refunds have gone through quickly; however, it is purchases made with gift cards and then cancelled where the refunds are taking forever and have resulted in a great degree of frustration given multiple phone calls to Carnival, long conversations with several transfers each time, and then no resolution other than being told the refund is being processed and a new gift card will arrive in the the next week (which it never does).

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I was wondering if this had been resolved. I used gift cards to purchase a shore excursion for an upcoming cruise, and immediately realized I had purchased the wrong excursion. I canceled, but now I don't now how the refund works. The FAQ on Carnival's website says that refunds will be made in the same manner as the original purchase -- but what does that mean? Will I get a gift card in the mail? If so, when? Or will the amount be refunded to the gift cards that I used to purchase the excursions, and I will be able to use them again -- right now they have a zero balance, of course, because I used them. I called Carnival and the person I talked to had no idea and suggested I send an email to the shore excursions department? That doesn't really sound right.