Cellar Master Package/Thermal Suite Pass

jlnprt

Dh and I are taking the 14 day Alaska cruise this summer on the Amsterdam. We only have two other cruises under our belts, so I am finding I have tons of questions. The Cellar Master Package looks like a pretty decent deal. I e-mailed HAL to see if I could book my PG dinners when I purchased the package (i.e., before the cruise). They responded that I had to wait to book the dinners until after boarding and that the wine tasting events wouldn't be known until that time as well. I've already booked one PG dinner. Does anyone know if I could use that one as one of my dinners under the Cellar Master Package and would HAL credit back the $70 I've paid? I like to have things planned out and I want to pay for many of our "extras" before we set foot on the ship.

Also, I asked HAL some questions about the Thermal Suite Pass. It is $299 (or $499 per couple) for the 2 week cruise. They described the Greenhouse retreat as a "communal relaxation center with an ambiance similar to a Turkish bath." I have to say those heated ceramic lounges look pretty nice! Opinions?

I cannot respond to your question about the Cellar Master's Package. I don't know.

Upon embarking, I buy the Admiral's or the Navigator's Wine Package and have been pleased with it.

Be aware that the Thermal Suite on the Amsterdam only has a hot tub within the suite along with the heated ceramic loungers. Steam rooms and a sauna are also available, I recall. Yes, the heated loungers are wonderful, but to find that the hot tub was "only a hot tub" without any whirlpool type function will prevent me from spending any money for this amenity.

I really enjoyed the thermal suite--especially the loungers. It was cold and rainy for my cruise! The hot tub did have jets and the water is suppose to have minerals but I have no idea if it did. Maybe room for 6 people. I loved the windows looking out over the front of the ship and the small outdoor veranda to the side. There were also really nice multi-head showers in the suite also

I really enjoyed the thermal suite--especially the loungers. It was cold and rainy for my cruise! The hot tub did have jets and the water is suppose to have minerals but I have no idea if it did. Maybe room for 6 people. I loved the windows looking out over the front of the ship and the small outdoor veranda to the side. There were also really nice multi-head showers in the suite also

Aboard Amsterdam's sister, the Rotterdam, there were outlets for jets. They NEVER worked. If you are so interested, when doing the "tour" of the Spa before signing for it, ask that such be demonstrated.

For me, the "hot tub"/heated ceramic bench concept in this Class of ship is not worth the cost in comparison to what is offered on the newer ships.