Transportation from Long Beach cruise terminal to LAX

mpdbill

My wife and I are cruising from Long Beach in September, and are flying in to LAX. I am concerned about transportation back to LAX after the cruise. The ship docks at 9:00 am and our flight is at 1:30 pm from LAX. What time can we expect to be off the ship? We booked a suite so I believe this gives us preferred embarkation/debarkation ???? What is the fastest way to get back to LAX?

We're doing the same flight out on a Saturday so I don't think it's going to be an issue with time at all getting off the ship around 10:30 or so. We take UBER though so no waiting around for shuttles to be full.

Have a fun trip!

Just did this in December and had great luck with Uber. Don't forget that traffic is a PITA going into LA no matter which day of the week it is so try to leave plenty of time to get to the airport before your flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should arrive well before 9:00am. And if you self debark, you'll be off really quick. At that time of the day on a Saturday, there shouldn't be too much traffic getting to LAX. I wouldn't worry too much about a time crunch. You should have plenty of time.

Another option. Catch the free bus (The Passport) from the port to downtown LB and rent a car. We did this last October, and it was cheaper than a shuttle (not sure how much Uber is). We took our luggage right onto the bus and got dropped off 1/2 block from the Avis location in downtown LB. Completely Free.

http://www.lbtransit.com/Services/Passport.aspx

It may not be the fastest option, but you should be off well before 10:30 if you are doing self-assist debarkation. Just another option, and may help someone else in a similar situation that is not on a time "crunch."

GP

We live in So. CA not far from Long Beach and it's a quick ride from the Long Beach port to LAX. Saturday traffic usually flows smoothly, so the ride shouldn't take you more than 30 minutes.

IMO LAX doesn't have enough TSA folks to handle all the travelers. So, we try to stay clear of it and choose either SNA or LGB airports when we can. Make sure you allow enough time (2 hrs) getting thru the TSA maze.

Hope this helps!

Deedee

UPCOMING CRUISE

9/1/18 Carnival Freedom - 7 day Western Caribbean

Just off the Miracle. Priority Self assist started at 8:15.

There are lots of shared shuttles for $17/pp waiting in the ground floor of the parking structure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Quickest would be a private taxi. The rank is located just to the left as you exit. $60 or $68 flat rate to LAX. About 75 taxis waiting this morning. Never seen the rank empty.

Just off the Miracle. Priority Self assist started at 8:15.

There are lots of shared shuttles for $17/pp waiting in the ground floor of the parking structure.

Was this for a cruise that wasn't even supposed to dock til 9am? Or what what your dock time on the itinerary?

Miracle is always scheduled to dock at 9. It's rare for Long Beach to start debarking after 9. Last time I heard about was when the Splendor had issues with the ramp, more than 5 years ago.

Long Beach is my homeport, sailed over 20 cruises out of here.

Miracle is always scheduled to dock at 9. It's rare for Long Beach to start debarking after 9. Last time I heard about was when the Splendor had issues with the ramp, more than 5 years ago.

Long Beach is my homeport, sailed over 20 cruises out of here.

Bummer. I was really looking forward to sleeping in compared to other cruises. That last night is always a rager since we go with friends we only see once a year. If they don't dock at 9 as the itinerary states, do they still want you out of your room about 8:30? I was hoping it would be 9:30 or 10 with a 9am dock time.

Cabins empty by 8:30. Debarkation started at 8:15 with Diamond self assist, those with checked luggage started out at 8:45.

This weekend needed the extra time. LAX shuffled 21 airline terminals this past week.