Marigot market question

Bucket29

We are arriving into the cruise port on a Thursday in early August. From what I can tell, we are the only ship in port that day.

We were thinking of starting our day in Marigot. Does anyone know what time the markets are open, are they fairly big, how much time should we allow to walk around?

Also, how many other things are there to see in Marigot- we have our eating plan all set!

thanks

We are arriving into the cruise port on a Thursday in early August. From what I can tell, we are the only ship in port that day.

We were thinking of starting our day in Marigot. Does anyone know what time the markets are open, are they fairly big, how much time should we allow to walk around?

Also, how many other things are there to see in Marigot- we have our eating plan all set!

thanks

The market is definitely on in the morning. I bought some flip flops from the market. I had a choice of several stalls so it is a fair size market. You don't need much time there though. It is definitely geared up to tourists. Marigot is quite small. We grabbed a sandwich in a local bakery during our free time in Marigot. I recommend you do a tour which includes both the Dutch and French parts of St Maarten as they are very different.

OP,

The Marigot Marketplace on Thursday is but a mere shadow of itself of Wednesdays and Saturdays.

The Marketplace will most likely be open well before you could get there.

You will probably be able to see whatever you want to see is less than an hour.

As for Marigot, other than Fort Louis, high on the hill above Marigot, and well worth a visit for the view, there's not much to see in Marigot.

gary