Tampa-Amsterdam April 2018 The Planning Begins

331 Days and I am on the Delta website locking in my First Class One Way from San Jose-Tampa via Minneapolis for 40,000 miles and got my Father a coach ticket for 17,500 on the same flights. Seats confirmed.

Then I went on various hotel websites and saw they were going for $200-$400. Hopped on over to Hotwire and scored The Westin Harbour Island Hotel for $167(arriving late afternoon April 4th cruise leaves on April 5th) with a free shuttle within 3 miles and yes they will drop us off close to the pier as they only offer one shuttle per day to the pier so we can walk for 2 minutes.

Next looking at Jordan for an AirBnB or Hotel in Amsterdam with visits to the Rajik Museum, Anne Frank House, Van Gough Museum and a possible side trip to Rotterdam or Harlem.

Then deciding to do a Turkish Air trip to Istanbul for a few nights on to Israel to see family and back to San Francisco.

I feel so relieved that I did the US side of the flights due to spring break and conventions. The Amsterdam side should not be too hard and flights on Turkish are very good so I hope to get that done around January after Final Payment.

It feels so good to have gotten a hotel 0.8 miles to the pier with a free shuttle.

Uber/Lyft or Taxi from airport. Dinner at Jacksons or somewhere around the Riverwalk. Was told to avoid Ybor City at night.

Any thoughts? So far is my plan good?

331 Days and I am on the Delta website locking in my First Class One Way from San Jose-Tampa via Minneapolis for 40,000 miles and got my Father a coach ticket for 17,500 on the same flights. Seats confirmed.

Then I went on various hotel websites and saw they were going for $200-$400. Hopped on over to Hotwire and scored The Westin Harbour Island Hotel for $167(arriving late afternoon April 4th cruise leaves on April 5th) with a free shuttle within 3 miles and yes they will drop us off close to the pier as they only offer one shuttle per day to the pier so we can walk for 2 minutes.

Next looking at Jordan for an AirBnB or Hotel in Amsterdam with visits to the Rajik Museum, Anne Frank House, Van Gough Museum and a possible side trip to Rotterdam or Harlem.

Then deciding to do a Turkish Air trip to Istanbul for a few nights on to Israel to see family and back to San Francisco.

I feel so relieved that I did the US side of the flights due to spring break and conventions. The Amsterdam side should not be too hard and flights on Turkish are very good so I hope to get that done around January after Final Payment.

It feels so good to have gotten a hotel 0.8 miles to the pier with a free shuttle.

Uber/Lyft or Taxi from airport. Dinner at Jacksons or somewhere around the Riverwalk. Was told to avoid Ybor City at night.

Any thoughts? So far is my plan good?

I would be interested to hear about your time and stay in Amsterdam, as we will be doing the Amsterdam to Tampa September 2018.

• 2 weeks later...
That was my reaction too! I could never sit in first class while my dad was stuck in coach!

My Father is totally fine. I asked him and trust me he does not know the difference. I have offered my seat numerous times with a decline.

The flight is 2,800 miles from San Jose-Minneapolis and Minneapolis to Tampa Breakfast on the first flight Lunch on the second.