Honeymooners in Epic Studios, experience?

Melissalcsw

So my now fiancé and I booked two studio cabins earlier this year for a short get away (no kids).

We have since gotten engaged and will be newly married by the time the cruise rolls around.

I have been contemplating switch our bookings (which are separate, another story), but I am unsure.

Our rooms are connecting so we will be right next to each other. We are a middle aged couple who live together, so the newness has worn off. We are ok with having our own space.

Plus it would be nice to have two bathrooms, since he's a boy and he's stinky lol

Has anyone had experience cruising with your partner or SO in studio cabins?

How was your experience?

My biggest concern would be making specialty dining reservations so that we can sit together. Would this be a big hurdle to overcome?

Thanks for the assistance, I am new to NCL and their ways on the water.

Cheers,

Melissa

Depending on what the fares were when you booked, it may be less expense to upgrade the two bookings to one cabin as long as you're before final payment, of course. It's worth checking into.

I've read a few times about people booking connecting studios--one snores or whatever the reason and from what I recall, it worked fine.

Specialty restaurants aren't an issue at all. As the PP said, one of you makes a reservation for two and that's that. If you have SDP they'll charge each of your SDPs one credit per meal. Even if the two of you made separate reservations, you'd be fine. I sailed on the Epic in a Studio and one of the members of our roll call whom I'd spent some time with told me it was his birthday and I already had a reservation in Cagney's that night. My reservation was for one, and of course they reserve a two-top for one diner, so he came with me to celebrate his birthday.

Thank you both. I did look at upgrading from our studios to a Balcony, and it more than we are paying now. I think we got a pretty good rate for the studio since I book so early.

I'm glad to know about the reservations, one less thing to be concerned with.

Thank you so much for the feedback, since it's such a short cruise I think the set up will be ok.

Thanks again!

I read a review that Mitsugurly wrote about sailing in the studio cabins. If you do a search I am sure you can find it. I would love to sail this way. Two bathrooms and my own space.

Candi

Thank you I found it. So many threads to sort though. Thank you so much!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Epic balcony cabins are really small, no space at all (maybe 18 inches) at the end of the bed or between the sofa and the cupboard, and hanging out by the toilet isnt that much fun to watch or listen.

Sounds like I made a good decision. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think you'll have fun in the studio cabins. There is plenty of storage, 2 televisions and not having to share a bathroom is a major plus. Also access to the studio lounge.

Sent from my iPad using Forums