Can kids sleep at the Splash Academy on the Gem?

tesser7

My kids (3 & 5) usually go to bed around 7:30pm when we're at home, and while we won't be attempting anything close to that while on our cruise, I was wondering if they would be allowed to lay down on a mat in the corner somewhere if we want to leave them there until 9 or 10. I know they'll get tired and would probably be able to tune out the chaos of whatever's going on if they have a comfy place to lie down and a blanket. Think it would be an option?

Thanks!

I haven't been on the gem but on other ships there was not a special area for kids to sleep, but I'm sure if they wanted to go to sleep they'd find a corner in the room. I remember seeing a child or two laying down late at night in the room on other ships. But o don't know if the staff would require them to lay down on parent instructions. That being said, my kids go to bed at 7:30 and would be wide awake and having a blast well past 10-11 when we went to pick them up. If we had been at home they'd never have been able to keep their eyes open that late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got off the Gem yesterday. No special place to lay down and honestly not sure how the counselors would handle it. My crew normally has an 8pn bedtime and most nights were awake until 1030-11.

My kids (3 & 5) usually go to bed around 7:30pm when we're at home, and while we won't be attempting anything close to that while on our cruise, I was wondering if they would be allowed to lay down on a mat in the corner somewhere if we want to leave them there until 9 or 10. I know they'll get tired and would probably be able to tune out the chaos of whatever's going on if they have a comfy place to lie down and a blanket. Think it would be an option?

Thanks!

If you know they are going to be tired and ready for bed, then pick them up and take them back to the cabin like good parents.

LOL at some of the responses.

I have kids these same ages and our family athletic club has date nights that go until 9:30pm. When we initially toured I asked what happened if they would fall asleep and he said he didn't think a kid had ever fallen asleep before, and in my experience it's true! They're always wide awake at pick up and crash in the car. I hope you find the same on the cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

LOL at some of the responses.

I have kids these same ages and our family athletic club has date nights that go until 9:30pm. When we initially toured I asked what happened if they would fall asleep and he said he didn't think a kid had ever fallen asleep before, and in my experience it's true! They're always wide awake at pick up and crash in the car. I hope you find the same on the cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Out of curiosity, what is a "family athletic club"?