Our waiter said no to a tip

Before going on Harmony of the Seas we purchased the BOGO Specialty Plan. On the first night we ate at Jamie's. the meal was wonderful and our waiter was great. As usual they suggest dishes to try. We ordered what we wanted and he ended up bringing us an extra entree, the one he had suggested. I thought this was very nice of him and it gave us a chance to try something different, At the end of the meal he took our Seapass card, left and came back with no slip to sign. He gave us back our card and I asked if there was a slip so that I could do something for him. He said no you are on the plan. The next night in Chops it went as expected. At the end of the meal they ran our card and came back with the slip as usual. We tipped them extra as the service was great.

Thinking about it I wish I had gone back or done something after the fact because we were very pleased with Jamies and our first waiter. This just seemed very strange. The cruise was last month and all charges to our Seapass were correct so there was nothing unusual about that.