do I need FTTF

tlc64

hi FTTF is sold out on my cruise Juley 26 2017 I keep checking daily. But do I really need it I already have a cabana booked for HMC so I think I get priority tending for that , and I booked 11:-11:30 embarkment time. what are the other perks other than getting to your room faster?

The only other perk is the guest services line. You may or not need guest services (we rarely do). Before we were Platinum, we would just go during slower times (early morning, late night). It doesn't sound to me as if you would get much benefit from FTTF.

Although I am a great fan of FTTF I don't think anyone needs it.

Under the circumstances you describe I probably wouldn't consider the benefits to be worth the price.

You will be missing early access to your cabin, early delivery of luggage, and a dedicated line at Guest Services.

Hope you enjoy your cruise.

We've only used FTTF once and I haven't decided whether or not to use it on our next cruise. The one thing we found beneficial was having our cabin ready when we boarded. Yes, standing in a shorter line in nice, but we rarely use guest services and we've never had a very long wait for embarkation without FTTF. For us, the value was being able to take our 18 month old straight to the room and give him a break from the craziness of the day. We also had quite a bit of carry on luggage with us because of a diaper bag, sodas, etc and it was nice to be rid of it right away. It also allowed my husband and daughter free to explore the ship empty handed right away while the youngest and I rested. Personally, if I wasn't traveling with a small child, I would probably skip it.

hi FTTF is sold out on my cruise Juley 26 2017 I keep checking daily. But do I really need it I already have a cabana booked for HMC so I think I get priority tending for that , and I booked 11:-11:30 embarkment time. what are the other perks other than getting to your room faster?

You just saved $70-80. It's a waste of $$$.

I wish more people thought like that.....than I'd have no problem booking it.

Carnival loves you! But to answer the question, Carnival needs people to buy FTTF because it is 100% for them, without providing anything the cost them. As long as people buy it, they will continue to sell it, and as history proves, they will continue to raise the price. I mean, it's free money, and successful, so why not raise the price more to see what the breaking point is?

Does not sound like you will need it

I had it the first time we booked a cruise and it was cool - the next few times I booked I did not book it and did not need it - The last time I cruised I did not book it but could have used it

So I have 2 cruises booked this year and the first one I did not get it as I won't need it barring something horrible happening and me ending up needing to be in GS line - however the december one I already know from the get go I will need it as I need to go to GS first thing to get a room key switch done - Not to mention I want to book the onboard tour and so want to make sure I get on ASAP to book that - So I know for this trip I needed FTTF

To me it was worth it just to be able to board quicker and go straight to your cabin when you board and drop off your carry on luggage and things. Not having to lug around those things at lunch was really nice. Your luggage will also be delivered quicker than normal so if you like to be unpacked completely before sail-away that is a plus. I only used the guest services line twice so that didn't help me much since there were very few in the other line.

I noticed that the price has increased since I used it last though - 3 years ago when I used it on the Dream I am pretty sure it was $49.95 and that was a 7 day cruise. It seems to have gone up since then so you will have to determine if you are willing to pay the price.

Personally I thought FTTF was worth it just for the guest services line. My daughter's BF lost his S&S card before we were on the ship an hour. We went to guest services at least 5 times and were waited on right away while there were at least 10 people in the regular line, sometimes 20+.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I am actually very tempted to purchase FTTF for our Freedom cruise next February. I know it's money that some regard as wasted - but now that we aren't having to skimp and scrape up every penny to be able to afford our cruise in the first place (i.e. we are earning more nowadays), and the fact that we have booked a balcony cabin - yes, I am actually seriously considering FTTF for our cruise. The ability to get onboard ASAP and KNOW that your cabin and luggage will be ready for you......THAT is worth its weight in gold for me. Not having to sit around on Lido and moo with all the other cattle while you protect/hoof around your carry-on luggage sounds absolutely wonderful to me. We don't have kids, but we DO vacation fairly seriously. My DH is a photographer and invariably had tripods, cameras and various assorted bags of lenses/equipment dripping from his (and MY) appendages on any trip. So......

Plus, debarkation. That was the most painful wait when we got back the last time. Would like a guaranteed exit time.

Just my $0.02.

I am actually very tempted to purchase FTTF for our Freedom cruise next February. I know it's money that some regard as wasted - but now that we aren't having to skimp and scrape up every penny to be able to afford our cruise in the first place (i.e. we are earning more nowadays), and the fact that we have booked a balcony cabin - yes, I am actually seriously considering FTTF for our cruise. The ability to get onboard ASAP and KNOW that your cabin and luggage will be ready for you......THAT is worth its weight in gold for me. Not having to sit around on Lido and moo with all the other cattle while you protect/hoof around your carry-on luggage sounds absolutely wonderful to me. We don't have kids, but we DO vacation fairly seriously. My DH is a photographer and invariably had tripods, cameras and various assorted bags of lenses/equipment dripping from his (and MY) appendages on any trip. So......

Plus, debarkation. That was the most painful wait when we got back the last time. Would like a guaranteed exit time.

Just my $0.02.

If you have that many carry on's then I would say it will definitely be something you would like. And since you have a balcony you have the plus of relaxing there after you eat lunch even if the other cabins are not ready. It was wonderful in New Orleans to be able to board quickly, drop off our carry on luggage and head back up to eat. We still beat the crowds, even with going by the cabin first.

We didn't buy FTTF. On our tender port (Grand Cayman) we bought the earliest excursion time we could get (we buy from Carnival) and that gets you on the earliest tender boat without waiting or without buying FTTF. When you get your excursion tickets, it will tell you to me in xxxx room at xxxx time to get #1 tender boat.

• 2 weeks later...