First cruise (Star) this weekend and have questions

LoveAtomy

Hi all,

First I was just on the phone hoping to talk to someone at NCL but got hung up after waiting for awhile. I thought I would get more accurate and fast answer here :)

We are sailing this weekend for the 1st time and I have a few questions.

* On board pool - do they provide pool toys or floats for kids? Do they have life guards?

*In the policy section- they said kids under certain age (teen age like 14? I remember) need to be with a adult while at pool. So I understand there will be no adult life guard or adult workers overseeing the pool area for supervision?

*Entertainment - In My Vacation, this section is grayed out. I am guessing it is fully reserved? (We did book this cruise last minute). Is there a chance that we will be able to join any entertainment shows? Can I put my name on a wait list once on board?

* Excursion - can we reserve once on board? Or do we NEED to make a reservation before departure?

Thank you.

No pool toys provided.

Lifeguards: https://www.ncl.com/press-releases/norwegian-cruise-line-add-lifeguards-fleet

There are no entertainment options on Star that can be reserved.

Excursions: You can do both - book on board or ahead of time. Popular excursions may sell out, so you are encouraged to book ahead of time.

If you log into ncl web page and then onto your account you can look at all the dining and entertainment facilities, book excursions book speciality restaurants but some credit on your account etc

It's a good way to find out about your cruise and the ship layout

I just got off the Star on Saturday. I didn't hang out at the main pool, so I can't confirm lifeguards, but They were booking excursions on the ship. There was no entertainment to pre book. The first night only had one show, but all other nights had a show at 7:45 and one at 9:45. They were also doing specialty dining bookings that first day in Spinnaker Lounge if nothing was available when you booked.

We only did one actual excursion on this trip and it was for Santorini and I am not sure I would recommend it. We did the charming Oia Village and there was so much traffic between the port and Oia that the bus transfer took 2 1/2 hours. We ended up with about 45 minutes in Oia before having to catch the bus back to Fira. The ship ended up giving us a partial credit for that excursion. Apparently it is a new issue for 2017. Some developer tore up one of the roads for a new building and then. Ran out of money for it. The road was never fixed and now there is only one way in and one way out for all traffic to Oia.