Belize Passport Requirements

HawkeyeGrandma

Our family is doing a 5 day RCI cruise with stops in Key West, Cozumel and Belize January 2nd. We all have passports except one whose job requires him to be away from home a lot. We thought he would be okay with the change in date for passport requirements but have now heard that one is required for entry to Belize. We've also read that some cruise ships have agreements with Belize so that a passport is NOT required. Can anyone clarify for me?

Our family is doing a 5 day RCI cruise with stops in Key West, Cozumel and Belize January 2nd. We all have passports except one whose job requires him to be away from home a lot. We thought he would be okay with the change in date for passport requirements but have now heard that one is required for entry to Belize. We've also read that some cruise ships have agreements with Belize so that a passport is NOT required. Can anyone clarify for me?

Take a look at www.travelbelize.org where the following is stated. Our family is going via cruiseship and we don't have passports.

With a growing cruise ship industry in Belize, the Immigration and Nationality Services of Belize have made efforts to make entry into Belize´s ports of call as simple as possible for passengers touring for one day. Most cruise lines offer day passes to their guests going ashore that give access to inland and off shore attractions without the hassle of visas or passports.

Agreed, I wondered if we would need to rush to get passports. I called RCCL today and asked if we needed passports. They said we do not need them. I specifically asked..."we are going to Belize, Do I need a passport for Belize", the representative said "No passport is needed only birth certificate or picture id".

A...

Archived