Oasis of the sea......texting on board/Royal IQ?

Not at all. I feel the same way. Never felt the need to be in constant touch with anyone. Of course, I've been cruising for about 25 years when it never occurred to anyone to drink bottled water or use a cell phone. Trust me, you'll manage.

Its not about “managing” its about the easiest way to communicate instead of walking a 1/2 mile to a meet up point... cracks me up everytime I see these type of posts. Remember its much easier to do that with only 2 of you,when its 2 adults and 4 children what do you think makes your vacation easier? Texting..........

And before you think I was born in the tech age your wrong :)

Not sure why you would have thought that they would - they stopped development on the app 18+ months ago. The new RCI app is the way forward - though it doesn't have texting capability yet, it might by July and it is offered on Oasis.

Just new to RCCL so I didn't know for sure. Just thought they would expand to some other ships. Thanks.

We are sailing at end of April on Oasis and bought the surf and stream for 2 devices. We would much rather have just the surf package, but it wasn't showing under our choices online. Does anyone know if Oasis doesn't offer this, or if it is only available once you get on the ship? I hate to loose our discount on the surf & stream we got, but if we need to cancel and switch on the ship for half the cost, we will! Please help :)

^ that's the rci blog (CC blocks it) - no need to go to some blog - we have all the info here.

Would you be able to answer my original question? I have looked and looked and can't find an answer to it :(