Breakaway or gem- 2 kids this spring

cc1237

We are looking at a last minute trip this spring. Gem goes to Nassau, gsc and port Canaveral, breakaway to Bermuda. Which / itinerary / ship would be better for a 3 and 5 year old? I am a bit worried about the cool temperature in Bermuda and jellyfish. The older one loves slides so we would probably go to Atlantis on the gem.

On the gem we could get a minisuite on deck 11 and family balcony on the breakaway.

I'd take Bermuda over the Bahamas, slides in the Breakaway will be just as good as the kids slides at Atlantis. I'd never waste $ on any child under 48" at Atlantis (and we've been there twice). The splash area in Breakaway is great for kids that age.

That said, we are leaving on the Gem in 9 days, sailed on the jewel years ago and enjoyed it, not doing the Breakaway again because I don't want to deal with crowds at the americas cup starting next week.

With small children I would definitely pick the Gem. The crew members in the kids clubs are amazing and a smaller amount of children will give your kids more attention and participation.

The Gem just has one slide, but the large slides on the Breakaway are not for children as young as yours (though they do have a great splash park area on Breakaway that Gem will not have).

I would not attempt Atlantis with small children. Too expensive, too spread out, to rushed.

If your kids were teens, I would hands down pick Breakaway, but I think the Gem wins for a 3 and 5 year old.