FTTF for two cabin booking?

RCmommy

Question:

We have two cabins booked for our next cruise. Two adults in one and our two teens in the other. I'm assuming we would need to purchase FTTF for both cabins. Yay or nay?

Not necessarily. Your kids should be able to board with you if they are under 18. Check all your luggage in your name.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

This did come to mind. It is not like they will use the priority embarking or priority tendering without us. As for the cabin being ready, we would survive without one at all of course, but just one would be fine to dump all of our hand luggage and such until all the cabins are ready.

I just didn't know if it would be breaking a rule..

This did come to mind. It is not like they will use the priority embarking or priority tendering without us. As for the cabin being ready, we would survive without one at all of course, but just one would be fine to dump all of our hand luggage and such until all the cabins are ready.

I just didn't know if it would be breaking a rule..

As long as you are only accessing the in room, no rule breaking involved.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I just logged in to see if I could add it and pay and it let me click on it, but when I get to the checkout my total has doubled (FTTFx2) and one has been put on each booking.

Oh well, no big deal. Our upcoming cruise is on the Fascination out of SJ so it is not like we will have massive crowds to deal with.

Update: I am able to delete the one FTTF now for one cabin and leave it for the other. I switched browsers. I think I better call Carnival first and be certain I am allowed.

Edited by RCmommy

I just logged in to see if I could add it and pay and it let me click on it, but when I get to the checkout my total has doubled (FTTFx2) and one has been put on each booking.

Oh well, no big deal. Our upcoming cruise is on the Fascination out of SJ so it is not like we will have massive crowds to deal with.

Update: I am able to delete the one FTTF now for one cabin and leave it for the other. I switched browsers. I think I better call Carnival first and be certain I am allowed.

Last year I had to purchase it for both cabins. Ours and our teens. I think you should double check.

What I read from several people and double checked with my PVP prior to our last cruise was that they will allow you to use the express check in lane but that for boarding, they will tell you to wait and board with your teens. That is to discourage people from getting two for one FTTF.

Question:

We have two cabins booked for our next cruise. Two adults in one and our two teens in the other. I'm assuming we would need to purchase FTTF for both cabins. Yay or nay?

I copied this from the Carnival website:

Things to Remember

• The FTTF price is not per person. One ticket per stateroom covers all occupants of the stateroom so only one guest needs to purchase but all occupants receive the benefits. For guests traveling with companions in separate staterooms, one FTTF package must be purchased by each stateroom for guests to board through the Faster to the Fun lane.
  • For guests sailing on multiple cruises back to back, FTTF must be purchased for each cruise in order to benefit from the program.
  • FTTF can only be purchased prior to the cruise; al a carte services cannot be purchased onboard. FTTF generally opens for sale 6 to 18 months prior to the cruise. FTTF is now open on sail dates through 2018, where applicable. It will be offered on the Carnival Horizon starting with the 12/01/2018 departure.
  • All FTTF guests must check in online and select an arrival appointment.
  • Guests who completed their Online Check-In prior to purchasing the FTTF package, will need to re-print their boarding pass and luggage tags so the FTTF stamp reflects on the documents.

What you can do is put the luggage tags for the cabin with FTTF on all suitcases. Upon embarkation, one person can drop all carry-ons to the FTTF cabin.

I called Carnival to ask. The very nice lady I spoke with genuinely wasn't certain either but looked in several areas for clarification. Still unsure, she put me on hold for a couple minutes while she asked someone.

Her response was the FTTF does need to be purchased for both cabins, even when one cabin will only have guests of minor age.

I appreciate everyone's feedback.