NCL Jewel Suites HELP???

wblevin

We had been on the NCL Sun a few years back and had booked a Penthouse Suite in the front of the ship. The cabin was gorgeous, however, we had several major problems with the balcony. First, I was not able to read on the balcony at night as the light interferred with the Bridge. Second, while sitting on the balcony, all you could see was metal. This was a HUGE disappointment.

We are now looking to cruise on the Jewel in a Penthouse Category AE. I have been on the phone with numerous personel at NCL and basically they tell me that AC, AD and AE are roughly the same size cabins (one sq. foot difference in each) but the size of the balcony in each category goes up as does the price. We do not need the 208 sq. ft. balcony in the AC so we have decided on an AE. Thing is, I would like to know for sure that the balconies in the back of the ship have the plexi glass or lucite or whatever it is that you can see through while sitting on the balcony rather than the metal that was in the front - or maybe on this newer ship the front balconies also have something clear that you can see through???

Last year we were on the RCL Jewel and there was a wonderful perk in the suites - a concierge suite that we had hors deuvres and cocktails in every night before dinner. Does this Jewel have anything similar to that - they indicated they have concierge and or butler upon request - does this include a lounge like on RCL? Are there any other perks with the suites?

Thanks in advance for any info!

awesome! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Exactly what I was looking for! Now I feel much better about booking in the back. I can even see an overhang (important :) and I think a light for reading at night. Any comments about suites?

awesome! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Exactly what I was looking for! Now I feel much better about booking in the back. I can even see an overhang (important :) and I think a light for reading at night. Any comments about suites?

There is a light to read by and a great view :)

384334960_JewelTAview.jpg.1e0869cb5659bc28cc974de9e3d24202.jpg

The AE Penthouse suites are a nice size because they are square. The queen size bed has a curtain around it to close it off from the rest of the room. There is a sitting area with a small sofa, chair and glass coffee table. A table with four chairs. A desk with several drawers and a flat screen TV above it with a DVD/CD/MP3 player. A large closet with door that open to the dressing area and to a hallway to your cabin door. A nice vanity to sit at in the dressing area with a lighted miror and your mobile telephone. This hand held telephone can be carried about the ship to call any phone on the ship including back to your suite. We use it mainly to keep in touch with the Butler and Concierge. The bathroom has a tub/shower combo with a sliding door and hand held sprayer unit. There is a nice sink with shelves and a separate toliet area.

There is not Concierge lounge for the AB-AE Penthouse suites. You have the use of a Butler and the Concierge. Your butler will bring your room service meals to you, as well as any DVD you choose to check out from the ship DVD library. You can order your meals from a special Butler menu which includes hot breakfast items. You can also order meals from any restaurant delivered to your suite. The butler sets a nice table for your meals. In the evenings the butler will bring you hors deuvres in the evening courtesy of some member of the ships staff.

You will get plenty of pampering if you wish it.

The view off the back of the ship is spectacular. The pictures from Shorguy say it all.

Marilynd - thank you so much for the cabin description - seems like it is smaller than what we had on the NCL Sun, but certainly adequate.

Shoreguy - exactly what I want to see while sitting on my balcony at sunset - GORGEOUS!

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Archived