LIVE Oasis of the Seas May 21 Aqua Theater Suite Review (follow the drink package)

Sometimes live reviewers have more fun than they realized.

Understandable!! Just thought they would be back by now and we would get to hear the rest!! Maybe they are still recouping from all the fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have 9730 on August 20 so we'll have to flip your cabin pics!! I join the others in looking forward to your review. Interested in advice about tipping in relation to how much we overwork the Genie.

Dandy - we actually booked 9770 for this cruise. Two days AFTER final payment I got a call spying that they had a glitch and had booked FOUR families in 9770. They were very apologetic, but said they were going to have to move us. (I asked, and we weren't the first of the four to book). They said they were going to put us on deck 10. I told them that wouldn't work for me because the Deck 10 ATS is smaller. He checked and found 8730 was available, which is 100 sqft larger, so they moved us there. There was a BRIEF discussion about them having to charge us more, but I shut that down quickly and they made the move straight across.

In actuality, I worked out better for us. We've had this same cabin with 8 people before. I knew it would be slightly more crowded if we were on a higher deck.

I'm not the type that can/will do a live review, but I will post a few comments. If there's anything in particular you'd like to know, just ask.

Happy sailing. We fly out in SIX days, and embark one week from now. (Arranged with Susan [Genie] to embark at 10:45 - 1 week and 20 min from now. Ha ha).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks SDtoAZ. I appreciate your offer. Slowly learning what to expect through the several related posts. For now I would like your opinion about tipping. Particularly how do you determine an amount for the Genie, the cabin steward (since this is already taken care of to some degree) and the wait staff at the specialty restaurants. Appreciate your input.

Things are going smoothly so far and at 10:30 the terminal was already crowded. Here is a picture of the general boarding ffe39012139bb9f9df577eb67fef40b7.jpg

The suite "holding area" is separated to one side and has coffee, lemonade, and cookies.

Here is the suite area:

4c95e2a3089e60a9e34f9d74fb76b8b4.jpg

Israel came by and saw us and gave us our seapass cards. He did say we are going to be a bit delayed so we are just patiently waiting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to quote pics, but I wanted to point them out specifically. Thank you for posting these! those of us preparing for our first cruises appreciate seeing what the waiting/boarding areas actually look like. And thanks for the review in general!

Much appreciated :)

Lisa N.

We are in the ATS, deck 8, starboard, on Sept. 17. We were in the Sky Loft Sept. 2017 and had Israel for our Genie also. We are so excited to be back on the Oasis this year and in the room that was on my son's bucket list when the Oasis was launched. We were debating about asking for Israel again or just seeing who we were assigned. As I am sure you do, we loved the extra service and perks given to Star Class. I agree with you also about the people who whine and complain or try to make you feel bad because we are willing to completely enjoy our one big vacation a year. It is so much fun to hear other people report about their amazing experiences in Star Class. We also feel like we are easy. Can you give me any more ideas of what you requested, we are always trying to change things up a bit. Did you have many meals on the balcony? We are thinking it will be where we spend the majority of our time, we are not much for partying.