Kids in Adult only pools?!

TravelTexas

Haha!!! I agree! I can't recall having any problems with kids in the pools. My son cruises with us, but he's usually eating or at Circle C (teenage boy! LOL!). I typically don't even spend much time in the actual pool. Maybe just a dip to cool off, but that's about it. I realize Carnival will never please everyone though, so people have to decide what they want to do for themselves.

I have to disagree, that in my experience on every single of the 15 Carnival cruises we have been on has kids jumping in pools and splashing everyone while running amok with no one telling them to stop, it ruins the pool experience and keeps us there for a minimum amount of time

We just cruised on the Pride, we sure enjoyed the Serenity area with no kids, and they did enforce the no kids allowed rules. It was packed, too. So I can't imagine how crowded it would be if they did allow children. We hope they will reverse the ruling on the other ships back to "adults only". Just passing through the area where kids were allowed at the other pools we found it so crowded with both adults and children and said we were happy that we did have the Serenity area which even though crowded, did not have to worry about being splashed or have my drink knocked over by the little ones. If not, it's not going to stop me from cruising on CCL as it's not the deal breaker for the whole cruise. Now if we can get the MDR to have the adult only dining area, I felt sorry for some of the kids because you could tell they were miserable sitting at the table for 1 1/2 hours and that's tough for both the parents and their kids. We saw the same family two nights in a row and they had 2 kids under 6 years old running around, almost tripping up the poor servers and then when told to sit down cried at the top of their lungs. We didn't see them again the remainder of the cruise in the MDR. Kids are happier at the Buffet.