Oasis May 14-21 (Western Caribbean)- A First-Timer's Perspective

Great review, thanks! We are cruising July 16 also Western itinerary and this makes me really excited!

Two questions.

Do you remember what your cabana number was at Nellie's beach? And was one assigned or did you get to pick?

Do you remember what night and time the Love and Marriage show was? I love this and want to make sure I don't book anything to overlap!

We had #3! All the cabanas were assigned, and we got our assignment when we arrived at the cabana area/beach. I had seen posts about possibly contacting the concierge/guest relations to request a specific one, but we did not do that so that may be an option but I cannot speak from experience. I am not sure how they are assigned (order of booking, etc.), but I would recommend booking one as soon as possible if you have not already!

Have a great time! Wish I could be there!

Do you remember what night and time the Love and Marriage show was? I love this and want to make sure I don't book anything to overlap!

Just realize I didn't answer this part! I want to say it was Tuesday night at 10:15. We didn't save our Cruise Compasses so I can't check for sure but it was definitely early in the week, later in the evening.

Thanks for the review and answering questions! Just an FYI that I actually got on this Board a few years ago, I type my review in WORD and then can just copy and paste it into the review box. That way, don't have to worry about losing it! Unless you don't "save" it or something! :eek:

Great review. Thanks Kelly. Headed to oasis in 17 days, and I'm wondering about the typical crowds at Park Cafe?

Believe it or not, we actually never made it to Park Cafe! We didn't spend too much time in the Central Park area, and I'm kicking myself because I was looking forward to trying one of the roast beef sandwiches! However, when we were down there just walking through on the first and last days, it was not crowded at all!

Have a great trip!

Thanks for the review and answering questions! Just an FYI that I actually got on this Board a few years ago, I type my review in WORD and then can just copy and paste it into the review box. That way, don't have to worry about losing it! Unless you don't "save" it or something! :eek:

The funny thing is, as I was typing I thought "you know, I should probably copy and past this from Word so I don't lose it". :rolleyes:C'est la vie! It was probably too wordy anyway haha. Lesson learned!

I completely agree about the dress code. I was looking forward to the formal nights, and my husband and I dressed formally both nights, but I was a little disappointed by how many people were dressed casually. I guess formal dress is a lost art! Even on the casual nights (with the exception of the last night) I avoided wearing shorts, but that's my own personal preference. I will continue to observe the dress code as long as they print one on the Cruise Compass! Haha.

Thanks for your input!

Oh, man. My family really looks forward to these, if you can believe it. Even my kids, three 20-somethings and 1 teen. Love to get dressed up. And I want our family's picture taken on one of the formal nights, possibly both. I wouldn't mind if RC just had a specialty restaurant that had a strict dress code for us to go to but I wouldn't want to pay extra pp just because we want to dress up. I'm wondering how much longer there will even be "formal nights".

We were on the same sailing and I saw them for sure, I noticed them on Tuesday evening, and available the rest of the week.

Questions on these cards I've seen mentioned a few times......if I buy a card, is it linked to my sea pass card? As in, only I can use it? Or could my hubby and I both use it. We are in that in between category of drinkers.....we don't drink enough to buy a package (we bring a couple cases of water on board, at least we did in 2011 and 2014. Hopefully we can still do it next year), we aren't soda drinkers, we might get a few specialty coffee drinks during the week, maybe a couple alcoholic drinks a day....but yet I would love to save some money on these things. The card is just for alcoholic drinks though, right? So they might be the answer if we can share them.

Oh, man. My family really looks forward to these, if you can believe it. Even my kids, three 20-somethings and 1 teen. Love to get dressed up. And I want our family's picture taken on one of the formal nights, possibly both. I wouldn't mind if RC just had a specialty restaurant that had a strict dress code for us to go to but I wouldn't want to pay extra pp just because we want to dress up. I'm wondering how much longer there will even be "formal nights".

Questions on these cards I've seen mentioned a few times......if I buy a card, is it linked to my sea pass card? As in, only I can use it? Or could my hubby and I both use it. We are in that in between category of drinkers.....we don't drink enough to buy a package (we bring a couple cases of water on board, at least we did in 2011 and 2014. Hopefully we can still do it next year), we aren't soda drinkers, we might get a few specialty coffee drinks during the week, maybe a couple alcoholic drinks a day....but yet I would love to save some money on these things. The card is just for alcoholic drinks though, right? So they might be the answer if we can share them.

As I understand it, the drink card can be shared, unlike the drink package where sharing is not allowed.