Question re: NCL MasterCard points

terri910

We recently received our NCL MasterCard (sure wish we'd gotten one several years ago!)....and we've already made payments on a couple of booked cruises with NCL. It is new enough that we haven't received our first statement, yet.

But, we have registered online and have been able to look at the account, including our point balance. But, at this point, it gives a point balance and says they are "pending."

I have looked online and through the contract that came in the mail with the credit card, and haven't been able to find out when the points are available and no longer pending.

Anyone know the answer?

I've had mine for about a year now and the points always show pending until the statement is "cut" each month. There's a sticky at the top of the forum with tons of information about the card. The nice thing about using it to purchase anything from NCL is that you get triple points when you do that. They add up fast! You don't have to book directly with NCL--there's a certain amount that gets charged from my TA and has my TA's company as the charger, but most of the fare shows on the statement as NCL so I get triple points for most of my cruise fare.

It is at least until the bill is paid....

Not exactly.

Some people do not pay their bill by the due date each month, or only pay the minimum. The points still post even if it takes you years to pay the bill. (and if you are one of those people, you should not be booking a cruise)

Thanks! I hoped it was just that it waits for a billing cycle to end...

I know about the sticky thread and tried searching, but the words I searched for gave me miles and miles of posts that talked about how to use the points, the best way to use the points (in various peoples' opinions), how many points different rewards take....but darned if I could find an answer to my question.

Thanks! I hoped it was just that it waits for a billing cycle to end...

I know about the sticky thread and tried searching, but the words I searched for gave me miles and miles of posts that talked about how to use the points, the best way to use the points (in various peoples' opinions), how many points different rewards take....but darned if I could find an answer to my question.

No worries. I just didn't know if you'd seen it. It's a good pace to ask questions related to the NCL CC. There are a few people who are very experienced using it! I know this question has been addressed there, but the search function isn't the best.

Yes, it's the billing cycle.

Not exactly.

Some people do not pay their bill by the due date each month, or only pay the minimum. The points still post even if it takes you years to pay the bill. (and if you are one of those people, you should not be booking a cruise)

Okay. You are right. It is just that the percentage rate is so high I didn't consider not paying it when it comes due. Also if you pay early you still don't get them until the cycle is over. Thank you for clarifying.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums