Requirements for completing guest names?

bburk00

Is there a requirement for when you have to complete the guest names in a booking? Buddy of mine booked ES and it still shows TBA for the second guest. Is it something he can leave blank for a year? Cruise is March 2019.

Also pops up a reminder:

Helpful Reminder(s):

• Complete Guest names in your current booking(s)

There is a time period for when it must be filled in. If you do not put a name by that time, you will be charged a fee. Just booked for June 10th and had to call to put the name of my second guest. The customer service rep said there is a flaw on the website that doesn't allow you to change the second guest name. You must call in.

Confirming firemanbobswife's post, to avoid any change fees a TBA on an Early Saver fare must be entered prior to final payment due date. Just booked mom for the Pride in Dec 2017 and the PVP was very clear about her TBA cabinmate (meaning me) needs a confirmed name before the final payment in Sept 2017 or the booking goes to a solo with whatever the single supplement charges at that point.

There is a time period for when it must be filled in. If you do not put a name by that time, you will be charged a fee. Just booked for June 10th and had to call to put the name of my second guest. The customer service rep said there is a flaw on the website that doesn't allow you to change the second guest name. You must call in.

Actually, you can change the name on the website. When I book, it doesn't ask for the name of the second person, it just says TBAxxxx (with xxxx being my last name). Since my companion is my sister, and we no longer share a last name... I couldn't go in and change it in one step. first, I went in and changed the first name, and hit save changes. then I went back and changed the last name, and saved. It has worked the last three times I booked. EM

From what I understand, that portion of the user interface works differently for different people on different browsers, different devices, different form factors. I was not able to add my spouse's VIPF number online and had to call in to have someone at Carnival make that change.

• 2 weeks later...
Actually, you can change the name on the website. When I book, it doesn't ask for the name of the second person, it just says TBAxxxx (with xxxx being my last name). Since my companion is my sister, and we no longer share a last name... I couldn't go in and change it in one step. first, I went in and changed the first name, and hit save changes. then I went back and changed the last name, and saved. It has worked the last three times I booked. EM

Thank you for posting this info. I just booked a cruise and could not figure out how to get my husband's name listed, since I have a hyphenated last name. Anyway, it worked perfectly!