La Quinta Miami Airport West--a good choice for Park'n Fly?

mill creek cruisers

I hope everyone had a delightful Thanksgiving holiday!

We are sailing out of FLL on the Millenium Dec. 24th 2005, and arriving back at MIA. We are driving down and felt that having our car near the airport was more appealing than extending the bag-drag any longer.

This La Quinta has just completed it's renovations, according to the front desk. The free shuttle runs 6AM-9PM per request to the airport, and the P&Fly rate is $111.00 for our 16 night trip. I can cancel if there are problems staying there.

Lots of discussion about the Miami hotels, but I've found nothing current about this property. I also called the Amerisuites there, whose rate was $84.0 for P&Fly, but there shuttle picks up only on the hour at the airport, so that seemed limiting.

I look forward to your insights and opinions!

I'm not a fan of the Miami Airport area because it just isn't the best part of town. I'm sure the hotel is perfectly fine but there are just so many other options that are so much nicer in the Miami area.

I'm confused, if you are driving to South Florida and cruising in and out of Ft. Lauderdale, why would you even bother with Miami?

:rolleyes: I can't say that we would ever chose a Miami airport hotel, but our cruise ends in Santiago Chile, and the 10 hour charter arrives in MIA at about 9AM. The return air flight was included in the price.

We'd like to get our car as quickly as possible, and drive north a few hours before finding a hotel on I-95 to sleep and recover from the plane trip.

Archived