What are the chances...?

pharmlivin

My husband and I booked a cc cabin on the Constellation transatlantic from Southhampton to Port Liberty sailing Sept 9, 2006. We booked in August 2005. His aunt and lady friend wanted to join us on this cruise. I called my TA and she said that the cruise was totally booked and Celebrity was not accepting any waitlisting. Does this mean there is no waitlisting what so ever or does it mean the waitlist is totally booked too! Do they have any chance if they keep checking back with the TA? Sept 2006 is a long way off and I imagine many people will have a change of plans for one reason or another. Thanks for any opinions

pharmlivin: we are also on that voyage. There may be some information that you are looking for over on the Roll Call for this cruise. Over 80 have signed up for the Cruise Critic gathering, and we all share valuable tips and information, and we are a lively group too! Some of the members seem to have some "inside information" re TA's that may have space blocked.

Email me. Address is under my signature. I know where to find some cabins. I am not a TA--just looked for this cruise on a search engine.

Transatlantic

Celebrity Cruises

Constellation

9/9/2006 * 15 Nights * From $1,368.04

CAT OCCUPANCY LOCATION

CC Double Concierge Class $2,338.04

05 Double Outside $1,638.04

06 Double Outside $1,598.04

07 Double Outside $1,568.04

08 Double Outside $1,538.04

09 Double Inside $1,428.04

10 Double Inside $1,398.04

11 Double Inside $1,368.04

2A Double Balcony $2,038.04

2B Double Balcony $2,018.04

My husband and I booked a cc cabin on the Constellation transatlantic from Southhampton to Port Liberty sailing Sept 9, 2006. We booked in August 2005. His aunt and lady friend wanted to join us on this cruise. I called my TA and she said that the cruise was totally booked and Celebrity was not accepting any waitlisting.

I know of a reputable TA that is still advertising some inventory for that cruise. Since both your existing TA and Celebrity claim this cruise is sold out, I'll stick my neck out with the moderators since you really could use some help. I wouldn't do it this way but the email facilities here at CC are inoperable.

Drop me a line at earl dot anderson at comcast dot net

CC Double Concierge Class $2,338.04

05 Double Outside $1,638.04

06 Double Outside $1,598.04

07 Double Outside $1,568.04

08 Double Outside $1,538.04

09 Double Inside $1,428.04

10 Double Inside $1,398.04

11 Double Inside $1,368.04

2A Double Balcony $2,038.04

2B Double Balcony $2,018.04

Gee, Char, those prices sure look familiar:D

Looks like you posted just ahead of me while I was "checking around". Hope we don't get into any hot water. Gotta LOVE that business model. Should probably ixnay on the prices, though.

To the OP -- no need to email both of us -- Char will take care of you. She found the inventory in the same place I did.

Hey Earl :D

Tell me where you got your countdown clock---please :) My old one isn't going to work any longer, so I deleted it.

By the way, do you know where I might find a photo of the Sky Bar on the Century? We are in one of the new Sunset Veranda cabins that will be built where the current Sky Bar is located, and I've never seen an actual picture of the area. Never sailed on the Century :eek:

Hey Earl :D

Tell me where you got your countdown clock---please :) My old one isn't going to work any longer, so I deleted it.

By the way, do you know where I might find a photo of the Sky Bar on the Century? We are in one of the new Sunset Veranda cabins that will be built where the current Sky Bar is located, and I've never seen an actual picture of the area. Never sailed on the Century :eek:

At present, I'm using one from *****. If'/when escati gets its act back together, I'll switch back. Try www.*****/cd

Here's a couple of sites with pics of the Sky Bar. Wish I had some of the "other" Sky Bar on the Galaxy (different size and location than Century). I have no recollection of it even though we've sailed Galaxy twice. Since it's going to be so close to our cabin this time, figured I'd probably be spending some time there.

http://www.cruisereviews.com/Celebrity/Century63.htm

http://www.cruisereviews.com/Celebrity/Century64.htm

Thanks Earl :D

The Sky Bar on Galaxy is mid ships rather than aft, like the one on Century. We had our Cruise Critic pre-Connections sailaway gathering on Galaxy at the Sky Bar last year. We were in 1201 on Galaxy last year--real close to the Sky Bar!

I really would like to see a larger view of the Century Sky bar area. Celebrity has now posted the "NEW" deck plans for Century and we have one of the 5 new Sunset Veranda cabins booked for early 2007. They have completely revamped the Sports Deck and I'm trying to invision the area--before and after! :p Here is the link to the new Sports Deck layout ---> Century Deck Layout We are in 1246 in the middle. Any words of wisdom?

We are in 1246 in the middle. Any words of wisdom?

Looks like they'll be about the same size as an M-Class Cat1, but it's hard to tell from the deck plan. At least you get a nicer veranda, and you know how I feel about aft cabins in general!

What did they tell you about size when you booked it?

I imagine that 1242, 1246 and 1253 will get added to the "unusual cabins worth booking" list. The 14 Sky Suites they'll be adding will likely be clones of the existing ones.

1243 will no doubt be a strange and wonderful Family Ocean View. Wonder if it'll be bigger than the existing FO cabins overall?

Looks like they'll be about the same size as an M-Class Cat1, but it's hard to tell from the deck plan. At least you get a nicer veranda, and you know how I feel about aft cabins in general!

What did they tell you about size when you booked it?

We booked in July before we had any idea of how the new cabins would be situated! :) We lucked out when we picked the one that we did! We were told 175 sq ft with 55 sq ft balcony. However, the balconies are of varying size according to the deck plan. Looks like ours is bigger :D

My husband and I booked a cc cabin on the Constellation transatlantic from Southhampton to Port Liberty sailing Sept 9, 2006. We booked in August 2005. His aunt and lady friend wanted to join us on this cruise. I called my TA and she said that the cruise was totally booked and Celebrity was not accepting any waitlisting. Does this mean there is no waitlisting what so ever or does it mean the waitlist is totally booked too! Do they have any chance if they keep checking back with the TA? Sept 2006 is a long way off and I imagine many people will have a change of plans for one reason or another. Thanks for any opinions

We are booked on the 9/9/2006 Transatlantic on the Constellation also; however I believe it departs from Dover not Southhampton. At least that is what my confirming invoice says.

Archived