Mailing cards from Cuba

Jaalice

People who've tried report they take from weeks to months to arrive. Some never arrive.

I think I saw postcards for sale at some of the shops on Obispo.

Don't know where the nearest post office is to the port, because I personally wouldn't bother wasting my time. (I've encountered this problem in other countries as well.) YMMV

I would ask my casa particular host; maybe one of your crew members would know, or even someone on the street outside the port (which is on the edge of the Havana Vieja neighborhood that has all sorts of services)

Does anyone have information about buying and mailing cards from Havana that might be convenient to the cruise port? :)

I believe that I saw a post office near the ship port. Go across the street to the large plaza once you come out of the port area. Go to the farthest corner to your right. Go down that street, look to your left on that street, you should see it. If you come to another plaza, you went to far. I didn't buy any post cards, or try to mail anything, good luck.

People who've tried report they take from weeks to months to arrive. Some never arrive.

I think I saw postcards for sale at some of the shops on Obispo.

It is not only Cuban thing - I have no experience in that postal system. I have mailed postcards from China, Greece, France, Italy while in a middle of a 14-20 tour and it would show a monrh later.

Grand-daughter sent us cards from Disneyland and from Hawaii Island which showed up here in Honolulu weeks later!

But they are asking about mailing FROM Cuba

Yeah, I got that.

The point of the "btw" was to illustrate that even mail is not simple due to the embargo. The high prices are due to the fact that only the more expensive class of mail is allowed.