When can you get off the ship at each port?

This may sound like a stupid question but I am curious when they allow you to get off the ship at each port? I know times with vary based on when the ship gets in but is it like an hour, half hour, etc. after the ship docks? I tried looking on their website and around here but didn't find anything.

I am going on the Fascination 6/18 and just trying to get a general plan on what to do.

Thank you!

This may sound like a stupid question but I am curious when they allow you to get off the ship at each port? I know times with vary based on when the ship gets in but is it like an hour, half hour, etc. after the ship docks? I tried looking on their website and around here but didn't find anything.

I am going on the Fascination 6/18 and just trying to get a general plan on what to do.

Thank you!

Times do vary because the ship must be cleared to debark. From my experience it is usually within the hour after the ship is scheduled to dock.

If you have excursions planned, it will tell you when, where and what time to meet and generally you are off the ship with plenty of time.

There's really no set time. Depends on how many ships there are, how long it takes to clear the ship, weather, tenders, etc. The ship doesn't always dock right at the scheduled time, sometimes it's early, sometimes it's late.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

its usually like 15 minutes after the ship docks and the crew finish setting up the gangway/security stuff

That's only partially correct. It's when the customs/ port officials clear the ship for debarking. In some ports that's an easy thing, in others it takes more time. Smaller ships may clear quicker than larger ships. Sometimes a ship gets cleared early and a week later gets delayed. That's why they can't tell you exactly on any website.

Thanks everyone! I figured the times would vary but it sounds like the general consensus is within an hour or so, I am not doing any excursions through the ship so in a way, I am also trying to plan on how to avoid the crowds but still get out and explore at a reasonable time. ;p

Thanks everyone! I figured the times would vary but it sounds like the general consensus is within an hour or so, I am not doing any excursions through the ship so in a way, I am also trying to plan on how to avoid the crowds but still get out and explore at a reasonable time. ;p

so 2 tactics you can use:

1) When they announce the gangplank is open, wait a half hour and then debark.

2) Place yourself on deck where you can watch people depart and as that slows to a trinkle and the photogs at the gangplank are starting to slack off or wait a bit, then make your way down.

And as you have to WAIT to do either of these, consider a 3rd option: Just head down and wait with the hordes. You'll be off the ship sooner.

That's only partially correct. It's when the customs/ port officials clear the ship for debarking. In some ports that's an easy thing, in others it takes more time. Smaller ships may clear quicker than larger ships. Sometimes a ship gets cleared early and a week later gets delayed. That's why they can't tell you exactly on any website.

This. A couple of years ago I went on a cruise that went to Cozumel and Key West, but Key West was the second port. So everyone had to get up and go to the lounge and show ID/passport to Customs officials- I believe since we had went to a foreign port first and then to KW. That took a bit of time and they would not clear for debarkation until it was all done. (And we had to go early in the AM which was not too fun). I don't recall if they advertised the arrival time as the actual docking time or an estimation, knowing that they would have to wait for this process. Its been a couple of years.