Any excursions in Roatan, Cozumel or Costa Maya where I can dive and wife can chill?

We're on Liberty of the Seas in Oct 2017, and I'm trying to find an excursion at the ports where I can dive and my wife can enjoy the beach and we can spend time together after I dive. I saw Antony's key in Roatan, but no excursions there, and it seems the same in the other ports. I love to dive, but hate to leave my wife alone.

I LOVE Costa Maya. DW can take a short taxi drive to Majahual. She can get a chair and umbrella and internet! Also they offer massages on the beach...heavenly! Search Costa Maya on this site.

This was my note regarding Anthonys in Roatan from August 2014.

We decided to go scuba diving with the ship excursion, which is $129 with equipment included, $115 if you bring your own. The price difference to do it on our own was about $10, so we decided to do it through the ship. There are some shore dives, but to see the best stuff, we need to go on a boat. Plus, there are taxi costs and marine park fees.

Anthony’s Key Resort is the one used by the cruise lines. They do not post their prices online and advise you to contact your cruise ship. They were OK, but I wouldn’t say that I loved their service. It was a fairly long ride to their dive shop. It is not on the West End or West Bay, which is where the best diving is supposed to be. The boat ride is only about 5 minutes from the dock. They do not provide a snack between dives. They take you back to their dock to switch out the tanks and direct you to their snack shop where you can buy your own. Never seen that before. They also encourage everyone to test their equipment and skills right from the dock, which all the newbies on board needed. So they all jumped in. Then we didn’t have any issues when we got to the dive site. It did take quite a bit of time though. A positive is that they have their own shipwreck that they took us to and shipwrecks are really cool.

Next time, I think we would probably go on our own. Get the taxi and go down to West Bay or West End. (Check out West Bay divers or Infinity Divers). Or do an island tour with Victor Bodden. He was our backup plan if it had rained. He has a booth right in the dock area and was easy to find.

Also, from what I remember, there wasn't much of a beach there. It was a dock. They did have the dolphin experience across the bay area from us. But I don't recall a beach. There might have been. If you find any good dive information, please post it. We are planning to do a B2B from Galveston in September and I am looking for diving or other fun things to do. Thanks.

We enjoyed our time at Tropicante in Casa Maya, good food and great beach service. Steve the owner is very nice and came over and spoke to us on the beach for quite a while. You can email Steve, which is on the first link below and ask him if there's any diving near by the Tropicante. Your wife will be in good hands at Tropicante, it received the seal of Excellence on Tripadvisor.

copy and paste links below

http://www.sandalsandskis.com/tropicante.html

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g499450-d1421462-Reviews-Tropicante_Ameri_Mex_Grill-Mahahual_Costa_Maya_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

In Costa Maya, dive with Gypsea Divers.

You get on the small boat from the beach.

You can spend time with your wife between dives and after the dives.

Cash only. Last time in April it cost $85, but I bring my own gear.

Royal isn't using Anthony's Keys anymore.

I forgot the new one, but I like it much better!!

In Cozumel, I dive only with Aldora.

In between dives, we go to this beach resort where we buy lunch.

You could ask them to do one dive and then join your wife for the rest of the day, or ask to be dropped off there after the 2nd dive.

Aldora's cost a little more, but totally worth it.

Steel tanks maxed out at 3500 psi.

Sometimes I'm lucky and everyone is nitrox certified, so we can stay down a long time on the 2nd dive.

All my dives have been way over an hour.

You would need to ask them the resort name. Your wife would take a taxi.

They would need to know in advance to see if the could accommodate you.

Excellent dive operation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We don't dive but Maya Key in Roatan might be good for the both of y'all. Walk out on the dock and it is just a short swim to the reef. Lots of activities for your wife while you dive. Beach is sufficient not the best though.

Yes, we do this in Cozumel, most recently last Friday! We take a taxi to Chankanaab park and find a relaxing spot on the beach. Husband did a one hour dive from the shore with a guide for $45 through caves etc. Wife lounged on beach eating nachos. Works great for us every time.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk