Chankanaab vs. Fury Catamaran Sail Snorkel and Beach Party vs. 3 reef snorkeling

uvslinfo

I have done the Fury Catamaran.....and think it would be a bad idea for a couple with 4 kids. One or two kids, maybe, but I wouldn't do it with 4 kids. The snorkeling is in water over their heads, and even with the floatation devices, it would concern me as I couldn't watch them all at the same time. At the beach, the water is also over their heads where the bouncy things are located, so they couldn't even climb up on them alone. It really is meant for teens and up....just my opinion, but as I said I have been there just last summer. Great excursion but not for little ones.

robin

I did the Fury catamaran last October. I am an experienced snorkeler, and was not impressed with the snorkeling. They stop offshore in water over your head as noted above. The negative is that they try to keep everyone bunched together with the "guide" so I was constantly getting hit and kicked by people (whom I am guessing probably never snorkeled before). Not a great variety of fish. The current is extremely strong in that area, so it was tough trying to get back on the boat (being swept past the stairs and dealing with the 30 or so other people all trying to get back onboard). That being said, the catamaran itself was fun (lots of cerveza and margaritas, and dancing).

Of the 3 excursions you listed, I would suggest them in the exact order your listed them in. (based on your children's ages)

Personally, I don't think I would do a 3 reef snorkel with them because it's truly "just snorkeling the whole trip." (beautiful though!) At least with the other excursions, you have some variety in your day.