Help!! Oasis bathroom question

Unfortunately all cruise cabin toilets are small and tight unless you book JS or higher. If you don't want to pay the upcharge, another way to go is to call your agent or RCCL a couple weeks before the sail date and ask if the cruise line has released the unsold handicapped cabins for reservation by the general public. There are some on this forum who frown upon booking a handicapped cabin, but I don't believe there is anything unethical as long as you play by the rules, wait for the cruise line to release those cabins and agree to give up the cabin if a handicapped individual needs it at last minute.

Yes they are tight fit but manageable. If you found a way to "coexist" with the accommodations on Norwegian then you should be OK on Oasis.

I found the Oasis had more room than any of the Disney ships I have been on. So that may be good ;-)

The bowls are elongated but not as much as one on land. They are more of the RV type so in all they are smaller.

All of the public restrooms have handicap accommodations so that may be an option. But the actual bowl is the same as all the others just higher and there is more elbow room.

Our first Royal cruise was on the Oasis in an ocean view balcony. It was quite a shock after having suites on another line, but it was only a 5 day cruise so we opted for that stateroom. The Oasis bathroom was very small and the tube shower was downright annoying to us. It is obviously workable, but that is one of the reasons we now book a JS. The cabin is also cramped, in our opinion, and the JS is sized similar to a regular hotel room. We still had a wonderful cruise and just learned that we needed the JS to enjoy another Oasis class cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
So my family and I were watching videos for the oasis due to an upcoming cruise. I saw the bathroom and the toilet looks jammed between the door of the shower and the counter. Is this true? I'm a big guy and I'm now terrified that I will not have room. I went on a Norwegian Cruise once and that was the case and it ruined the whole trip. Any one know if it's a tight squeeze?

I'm a big guy I had to leave the shower doors opened and yes the shower made it kind of difficult to even step into the bathroom door because the dang shower is right there. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So my family and I were watching videos for the oasis due to an upcoming cruise. I saw the bathroom and the toilet looks jammed between the door of the shower and the counter. Is this true? I'm a big guy and I'm now terrified that I will not have room. I went on a Norwegian Cruise once and that was the case and it ruined the whole trip. Any one know if it's a tight squeeze?

Everything in a stateroom is small. Small floor space, small bathrooms etc. You have options, but it seems you already had a vacation ruined for a small toilet. You haven't really given us any dimensions other than our imagination to answer your question, but now, with your experience at NCL, should know what to expect, and hopefully, the small spaces will not ruin your trip as it has in the past.

You have options. Example would be is to use public areas that are "roomier" for your needs whenever possible. Check to see if a HC room is available for your needs. There is also a special needs department at RCCL that can answer some of your questions and concerns. Just remember, you are not in an hotel, but a ship, with limited space. The spaces were designed to accommodate a wide range of people, but not all people.

You have asked what you believed to be a valid question, without any info other than 2 facts. One is that you already know the bathroom is small, and that you are big. Call RCCL for dimensions.

I am a very large woman who carries it in the lower half. Regular economy seats do not work for me with the arm rests down, but the bathroom in my ocean view cabin was fine, as was the shower.

Now, I'm short so I have short legs but there seemed to be plenty of leg space if you're the only one in the bathroom.

That's the question I guess. How big is too big. From the camera on YouTube it looks like smaller than a stall for a public toilet.

The space allocated for the commode is definately smaller than a public stall. That said, I have a friend that is big and he had no major problems.