How much time to budget for Sagrada Famila, Parc Guell and the HoHo bus

We are spending 5 days post cruise in lovely Barcelona. Our first full day off the ship I wanted a semi-easy day. I figured we would sleep in and do the HoHo bus in the late morning. We will have a tapas tour in the evening at 5:30.

Is this enough time (assuming we start the bus circuit around 11 am) to also get off the bus to see Parc Guell and Sagrada Familia or should we just sit on the bus that day and then go directly to both places the next day? How much time should I budget for them?

Yes sit on the bus and definitely do sagrada familia and parc guell the next day.

At sagrada make sure to buy timed tix ahead of time from home and then just buy the elevator tix up to the spirals when you walk right in and to your left. Incredible experience and you can easily walk down the spirals.

After we did that we took a metro or walked I don't recall over to the gothic area and went into the gothic cathedral and to the gaudi museum right next door

We walked around to las ramblas and then metro to parc guell. They has an escalator to get to the top and that to is magnificent

We took metro back to hotel and then met niece for sangria!!

I personally wouldn't want to be beholden to a hoho for my visit to parc guell or sagrada but that's just me

Enjoy!!!

And don't forget to go to the top of Monserrat!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Space it out. Don't cram everything in one day. You could visit Park Guell one morning for a couple of hours including transportation, then do the HoHo in the afternoon.

The next day visit Sagrada Familia and take a stroll around the city. Visit Las Ramblas, Ave Passeig de Gracia is a wonderful wide boulevard with shops, restaurants and still more Amazing Gaudi buildings.

Enjoy.

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

The HoHo bus is an excellent way to orient yourself to Barcelona. I would recommend it for your first day in the city. Enjoy riding around and take several leisurely stops at areas that look interesting. Don't forget the old city, the amazing side streets, shops and restaurants.

We visited Barcelona twice only as itinerary port. The first time, we had La Sagrada and Parc Guell. Time was not enough. The next time was enough for our limited plans when we took the HoHo bus near Columbus monument and just had a stroll in La Rambla after getting off. We planned to visit La Sagrada again but felt time was still not with us.

With 5 days, you may well stretch your allotted time to enjoy each place you want to explore.

Space it out. Don't cram everything in one day. You could visit Park Guell one morning for a couple of hours including transportation, then do the HoHo in the afternoon.

The next day visit Sagrada Familia and take a stroll around the city. Visit Las Ramblas, Ave Passeig de Gracia is a wonderful wide boulevard with shops, restaurants and still more Amazing Gaudi buildings.

Enjoy.

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

I rethought my previous post and with 5 days definitely do on separate days

On our first visit to Barcelona, we spent a week pre-cruise. I'm including extra details here that might help others.

IMHO, the HOHO won't be the best use of the cost of a one-day ticket. In your case, because you'll be there for five days, you'll have time to return to visit attractions at your leisure.

We bought a T10 transportation ticket/card at the airport and used it to get to the main square (Catalunya) and walked to our nearby accommodations. After checking in, we bought HOHO tickets at a kiosk on the Ramblas. We wanted to beat our jet lag in the fresh air and sunshine and get oriented to the city in a relaxed way without using too much energy and with an English commentary (headphones did the trick). We set off on the HOHO by mid-morning and did ALL three loops back-to-back - red, green, blue - and would do it this way again! ;p We didn't get off except to switch loops and it took five hours without a break! The time went by quickly as there was something new to see at every turn. By the time we had a late dinner and went to bed, we slept like babies... mission accomplished!

We did Sagrada Familia and Parc Guell on the same day.

For Sagrada Familia, we pre-purchased timed tickets for the 10:00-10:15am slot with admission to ascend a tower at 10:30. We stayed at the site until 1:00pm, allowing enough time for a light lunch and to get to Parc Guell.

For Parc Guell, we pre-purchased timed tickets for 2:30pm. Be sure to include the 'Monumental Zone' as the rest of the park is basically a walk on paths through the forest.

We bought more T10 ticket/cards through the week, one card at a time, because I could go through the turnstile and pass the it to my husband for him to use the same card as well. This way, we didn't over-purchase and waste any rides.

We also took two days trips, one to Montserrat and one to Sitges, on regional trains, no tour or guide required.

Hope this helps!

Enjoy!:)