Baltic Cruise Help Needed for June 2018

jinteso

I have been on 3 cruises before. 2 were on NCL but the last one was over 15 years ago. Planning to purchase a June 2018 9 day Baltic cruise from CPH by the end of the week. I have never stayed in a Balcony room (too poor back then). After reading this board for several weeks, I am going with the Haven Spa Suite (H9). Considering it is the Baltic in early June, I thought that would make sense for the Spa and in room spa. I don't think that we would get much use of the pool at that time of year. There are only 2 of us going on the cruise.

Questions:

1. Would that be a good choice for a room?

2. If an upgrade becomes available with the new bid program, would it be worth upgrading to an OS or DOS and buying a spa pass? There don't seem to be too many more perks with those suites.

3. Considering that it is still over 1 year out, is it likely that the prices would drop and if so, significantly?

4. Does anyone have any experience buying the "Haven Only" shore excursion package and are they worth the money? Where can I find out what is in each package?

TIA,

Joe

Baltic cruise is port extensive and some full day tour. It will depend on how much you intend to use the cabin amenities and packages to know if it is worth it.

Prices will definitely move with still 1 year out. Which direction will probably depend on its popularity, especially for a month of June.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are planning this cruise for May 2018. We are staying in a 2 bedroom Haven suite. We have sailed many times in the HAVEN on NCL and I must confess, I have never heard of a "Haven Only" shore excursion package. Where did you find information on that?

Here is where I found it. It was on the NCL website for the same cruise this year.

https://www.ncl.com/cruises/9-day-scandinavia-russia-and-baltic-from-copenhagen-variation/activities/shore-excursions?&itineraryCode=GETAWAY9CPHWARTLLLEDHELNYNCPH&thingsToDoCurrentPage=1&thingsToDoPageSize=250&thingsToDoSortBy=