Westerdam reviews post dry dock are really bad.. SHOULD I BE WORRIED

I will be boarding on July 10th for my first ever cruise. I read the reviews and it has not bothered me one bit. I am so looking forward to this trip not even airport food quality will stop me having fun :) heck i am happy to eat at taco bell so it will be a step up for me :)

I selected this ship based on the ports that it would be stopping at so i am looking at it as a floating hotel where i wake up in a new and wonderful destination. with a free dinner and breakfast :)

I wont have a baby with me so I don't have to worry about the things the other reviewer had so those issues she had wont be mine.

maybe after I have had 20 cruises or more I might be a bit more of a snob but for now I am counting the days till i get on board.

I will be boarding on July 10th for my first ever cruise. I read the reviews and it has not bothered me one bit. I am so looking forward to this trip not even airport food quality will stop me having fun :) heck i am happy to eat at taco bell so it will be a step up for me :)

I selected this ship based on the ports that it would be stopping at so i am looking at it as a floating hotel where i wake up in a new and wonderful destination. with a free dinner and breakfast :)

I wont have a baby with me so I don't have to worry about the things the other reviewer had so those issues she had wont be mine.

maybe after I have had 20 cruises or more I might be a bit more of a snob but for now I am counting the days till i get on board.

I have a feeling with your great attitude starting out, you will soon have those 20 cruises because I bet you come back hooked on cruising and HAL ships. Have fun and be sure to report back.

I have a feeling with your great attitude starting out, you will soon have those 20 cruises because I bet you come back hooked on cruising and HAL ships. Have fun and be sure to report back.

I absolutely agree, and totally understand your excitement - heck we have more than 20 and still count the days, do hours researching our ports and ship - its all part of the 'totally addicted to cruising' process... I just am grateful that my DH enjoys it as much as I do and that we share this joy together... We will be on the Westerdam in September 2017 and can't wait!!

Just enjoy the total experience...

To be frank HAL is not the line for a family with a baby. It just isn't their thing. We have been on 10 HAL cruises and are an older couple have enjoyed every one.

The only problem we had was on a cruise to Bermuda at the end of summer and because it was out of New York there were lots of extra folks on board as many of the cabins had 3 or 4 people in them. Every thing was maxed out. I complained to the food and beverage manager and they gave us several free Pinnacle dinners as well as sending a bottle of wine to the cabin. He explained that ship was a absolute capacity after they had added about 30 cabins. Of course that did not increase the kitchens or Lido capacity. I believe the crew did the best they could under the circumstances and about the only real problems were delays in the Lido at lunch.

It was an unexpected situation because it was just before school started and families decided that since they could get to the cruise port with out flying in they ship was packed.

We are on the Westerdam in September and I expect we will find and excellent cabin very good food and service.

To be frank HAL is not the line for a family with a baby. It just isn't their thing. We have been on 10 HAL cruises and are an older couple have enjoyed every one.

The only problem we had was on a cruise to Bermuda at the end of summer and because it was out of New York there were lots of extra folks on board as many of the cabins had 3 or 4 people in them. Every thing was maxed out. I complained to the food and beverage manager and they gave us several free Pinnacle dinners as well as sending a bottle of wine to the cabin. He explained that ship was a absolute capacity after they had added about 30 cabins. Of course that did not increase the kitchens or Lido capacity. I believe the crew did the best they could under the circumstances and about the only real problems were delays in the Lido at lunch.

It was an unexpected situation because it was just before school started and families decided that since they could get to the cruise port with out flying in they ship was packed.

We are on the Westerdam in September and I expect we will find and excellent cabin very good food and service.

We too will be sailing the Westerdam in September 2017 and are truly filled with anticipation for our trip!! We are excited as we were able to book one of the new balcony staterooms that were part of the renovations next to crow's next on deck 10!!! We are looking forward to the itinerary and being on this ship... we laugh as we proudly claim to be 'openly addicted to cruising' and part of the addiction is the 'pre-planning' and researching of the journey before hand... its one of the best parts; hearing (reading) about everyone's different experiences and sharing and taking it all in... just love it!!