Anthem Power Strip Confiscated

I got absolutely FLAMED on fb for posting that i use this exact thing..... even though that's what everyone on cruise critic told me to buy. I even got blocked from the group for being upset at how rude people were telling me it was not allowed. It's never bern confiscated and CC ppl told me it's what they use. So good luck in a piwer strip thread...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I have participated in hundreds of power strip threads since joining CC. Basically, any time I see "power strip" or "surge protector" in a thread title, I will look at the thread and jump in if I feel necessary. I have never flamed anyone for using the Belkin, or any surge protector, and I haven't seen anyone get flamed in the threads I've looked at. I try to present the reasons why these should not be used, in a logical manner. Many folks say they use the Belkin, and I consistently tell them not to, and why. Whether or not your unit has been confiscated, now that you realize it is a safety hazard (hopefully you have read this thread, and even others about power strips where the dangers are mentioned), you won't bring it onboard. As I've said, it can be in perfect condition, and a ground fault at the other end of the ship can cause your perfect surge protector to fail and burn.

I have participated in hundreds of power strip threads since joining CC. Basically, any time I see "power strip" or "surge protector" in a thread title, I will look at the thread and jump in if I feel necessary. I have never flamed anyone for using the Belkin, or any surge protector, and I haven't seen anyone get flamed in the threads I've looked at. I try to present the reasons why these should not be used, in a logical manner. Many folks say they use the Belkin, and I consistently tell them not to, and why. Whether or not your unit has been confiscated, now that you realize it is a safety hazard (hopefully you have read this thread, and even others about power strips where the dangers are mentioned), you won't bring it onboard. As I've said, it can be in perfect condition, and a ground fault at the other end of the ship can cause your perfect surge protector to fail and burn.

I didn't read this thread. I got a extension cord after being treated so bad on fb. Left it in the package. I never even noticed the belkin was a surge. I'm done. My luck, it will still get confiscated.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I use a CPAP, and it's not always that there aren't enough outlets, but their location. I have found they aren't always close enough to the bed.

So I'm OK if it doesn't have surge protection?

If you contact Customer Service they will put in a Special Needs request & you will be supplied with an extension cord and distilled water for your CPAP. from the ship.

They dont have regular wiring on the ship and the regular cords/power strips are a fire hazard.

do a search on Youtube and the power strip is listed in the vlogs as Top 10 things to bring on a cruise!

I have so much stuff I bought listening to youtube I have a huge bag of stuff ............ now it's time to try and pack it all up:confused: