Info requested in the Fantasy!

tlwg04

Hey guys...didnt think i would be back here so soon! lol. Just got off the Magic on 6/4, but my oldest daughter had to back out due to work. Well, she turns 21 at the end of July and wants to take a quickie 4 day cruise out of mobile, our home port. Ive always cruised out of FL, so this is new to me.

What info can you guys provide? off site parking? things to do in cozumel? does this older ship totally suck? lol

help!! TIA

The Fantasy is an older ship. I was on her in April. She is still a good ship. She doesn't have all the bells and whistles but I didn't miss those anyway. Most important was the service. Our service was great. Our cabin steward was excellent and our wait staff was excellent. The Matre'D was everywhere. He was the best we have had in many years. Cozumel is a great port. Lots of things to do. Not knowing what you are interested in, I will throw a few things out. You can feel safe going out on your own. There are several all inclusives like Mr. Sanchos and Nochi Cocum that for around $50, you can have unlimited drinks, food, a swim up bar and beach with snorkeling. When we were there the weather was not the best for the ocean so we spent our time in the pool with a swim up bar. We went to Mr. Sanchos. Also, Chankanabb Park is very nice. You can go to cozumelinsider.com to get $2 off coupons. It is a very nice park with a man made beach, but you can walk down some steps to the water for some ok snorkeling. A lovely pool and bar, a seal show, and a replica of some Mayan Ruins. You can catch a cab for around $4 pp. Ship charges much more for the same thing. Drinks are very reasonable. Changing rooms and clean restrooms. You can also rent a driver for the day and tour the island. You can tell them where you want to go and they will get you there. Excuse my spelling, but this is usually for bar hops, we went to Coconuts, Mezcalitos, and some of the others on that side of the island. There are also snorkeling and diving tours and lots of shopping. Not much bargaining there anymore. But you can still find some bargains. Hope this helps some.