Pride

djhsolara

How is the Pride looking these days? We've been on her twice. Not so great the first time but much better the second time after a redo. Just wondering how she is doing/looking these days.

Thanks for any feedback!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Clean but definitely showing her age. For example, there were rust spots in the ceiling of our balcony and the elevators had chipped trim.

I noticed the same things two years ago after the 2.0 upgrades. The room still had the old tube TV that barely worked and there were stains on the room carpeting as well as chips on the formica counters. I have honestly been in Motel 6 rooms that were in better shape. The cruise was still a good time though, but right now the Pride is costing a lot more than the newer NCL ships and that's without counting the free drinks on NCL. I won't be going back until the price matches the condition of the ship, or they do a complete overhaul and not just add a burger joint and martini bar.

The Pride is in great shape, and has a lot to offer. Don't listen to the detractors. I've been on twice in the last two years and going again in about a month. You'll have a great cruise, on a great ship

The Pride is in great shape, and has a lot to offer. Don't listen to the detractors. I've been on twice in the last two years and going again in about a month. You'll have a great cruise, on a great ship

I am one of the detractors but as i had told my friends it is a well maintained ship for its age. I wont be back until it gets a major overhaul.

Sailing Pride for the 6th time in September, have had not complaints so far...ok...them covering up David was uncalled for, but anticipate no complaints in September. The piddly stuff mentioned, I did not even notice so had zero bearing on our cruises...which it still would not have had I even noticed....

Sailing Pride for the 6th time in September, have had not complaints so far...ok...them covering up David was uncalled for, but anticipate no complaints in September. The piddly stuff mentioned, I did not even notice so had zero bearing on our cruises...which it still would not have had I even noticed....

My thoughts exactly!

The pride is great. Every ship will have some spots that need fixed. The only problem I have with the Pride are the lack of itinerary and the $$$ they charge from leaving from Baltimore.

Agree, $$$ can be high, kind of the price that has to be paid sailing to Bahama's form Baltimore MD...bwe're going for the second time in September....rates are a bit lower then compared to summer....comparable to cruising out of a Floriday port in summer...and of course no air fare....and the itinerary..well...no...not the best....but maybe close to the best they could do in 7 days.....but we just enjoy being on the ship...cruising down the Chesapeake bay....and enjoy what we can of the Bahamas...although...can you really get tired of Half Moon Cay?!?!?

Will be on the Pride for the 7th time this October. The ship is in great shape the CCL maintenance crews are always addressing issues as they crop up. Yes, there may be corrosion in spots but when you sail in salt water there is always corrosion. We have been on 14 cruises and some were newer ships and they all have issues that need addressing.

No matter which line you sail, enjoy your time and relax on your vacation and don't sweat the small things. You can't buy time!

Yes, the price is a bit higher out of Baltimore, but we are just an hour north of Baltimore, so we're saving airfare and a hotel stay...so we factor that in. Actually, we cancelled a sailing on Allure of the Seas for this and are paying the same amount for a premium balcony on Pride as what was a Central Park balcony on Allure, so we're happy.

I just wish they would do a major overhaul and add a proper spa with thermal suite and thalassotherapy pool. That is our only dislike about this ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums