Freedom Deck choices

Chuck1959

I would think the bigger concern would be noise. Have you checked the deck plans above and below you on both choices? This can make a huge difference. I don't like to be above any music venues, for instance, because they tend to go late at night. Some people don't like to be above - or especially below - Lido.

We always stay on the Panorama deck. We've never had any problems with noise. That deck is shorter so you don't have hardly any foot traffic up there. We really enjoy being so close to most of the action. So much quicker if you have to run back to your cabin for something (Or to use your own bathroom).

We are booked in a balcony on deck 8 but considering moving to deck 10 or 11. Anyone been on these decks, and have you felt the motion of the ship as you go higher up?

We were booked on the Freedom last October (first cruise) in a balcony midship (closer to aft area) on deck 8. We never encountered noise from the lido deck above, nor did we have any motion issues with the position of the room.

I'm not sure about the decks and the motion as you decide to go higher. If given the choice, I would book in the same area. However, we will be on the Breeze this year. Our room is located on the Lido at the extreme front of the ship. I am a bit nervous, but could not resist the opportunity to experience the convenience of the Lido deck at least once!!!

Happy sailing no matter what decision you make!!!

Im not worried so much about the noise as the movement of the ship.

I would think the bigger concern would be noise. Have you checked the deck plans above and below you on both choices? This can make a huge difference. I don't like to be above any music venues, for instance, because they tend to go late at night. Some people don't like to be above - or especially below - Lido.

That was my thinking also- closer to the fun, less people, closer to your room.

We always stay on the Panorama deck. We've never had any problems with noise. That deck is shorter so you don't have hardly any foot traffic up there. We really enjoy being so close to most of the action. So much quicker if you have to run back to your cabin for something (Or to use your own bathroom).