Just off Carnival Legend to Alaska 6/5-6/13...

FlaMommy75

Thanks for posting! Can you tell me how your kids felt about the kids club?

(our kids are similar in age- I have an 11 year old and a 14 year- so the Camp Ocean and Club O2)

Also- did you enjoy any special meals in Seattle? I'm trying to think of a good dinner place for our first night (landing at SeaTac at 6pm- but flying from east coast so I know we'll be a bit jet lagged).

Like the OP said in her comment, the Circle C group was large on our cruise last summer too. Your 14 year old would be in Circle C, not Club O2 yet. My son was in the photo of the group, although they were missing several kids, and there were probably 40 kids in the picture. Since most of the Alaska cruises are during the summer months, there tends to be a lot of kids. Which is helpful in meeting other kids.

You can also go to Circle C with your 11 year old and see if they can accommodate him in that group instead of the Camp Ocean, if you feel he's too old for those activities. It will always depend on the capacity and the crew working, it's never consistent, but it's something to consider.

Oh, and we didn't do any "special" meals in Seattle, but we went to a neat little Irish restaurant one night, it was in an alley, so it was hard to find. And we didn't spend the money on the Space Needle. Even though we stayed at a hotel near there, it was a better deal to go to the Sky View Observatory. For the price of one ticket, you can go up twice in one day. So we went up during the later afternoon, when it was all sunny. Then went back around 8:30, during that blue hour as the sun was setting. You can see things in my trip review for both things, in my signature. And I highly recommend the Chihuly Garden!

Like the OP said in her comment, the Circle C group was large on our cruise last summer too. Your 14 year old would be in Circle C, not Club O2 yet. My son was in the photo of the group, although they were missing several kids, and there were probably 40 kids in the picture. Since most of the Alaska cruises are during the summer months, there tends to be a lot of kids. Which is helpful in meeting other kids.

You can also go to Circle C with your 11 year old and see if they can accommodate him in that group instead of the Camp Ocean, if you feel he's too old for those activities. It will always depend on the capacity and the crew working, it's never consistent, but it's something to consider.

Oh, and we didn't do any "special" meals in Seattle, but we went to a neat little Irish restaurant one night, it was in an alley, so it was hard to find. And we didn't spend the money on the Space Needle. Even though we stayed at a hotel near there, it was a better deal to go to the Sky View Observatory. For the price of one ticket, you can go up twice in one day. So we went up during the later afternoon, when it was all sunny. Then went back around 8:30, during that blue hour as the sun was setting. You can see things in my trip review for both things, in my signature. And I highly recommend the Chihuly Garden!

Yes, you are correct. I meant to say Circle C..my daughter is 13. [emoji846]

Also, another tip I just thought of if anyone is traveling to Seattle soon is that I bought Groupons for the Ride the Duck Tour and the Smith Observatory. We loved both!! The Smith Tour was the highest tower until the Space Needle and it is still kept in its 1920s form. It only goes up 40 stories but still give a great view and is a pretty cool place. With the Groupon I want to say or was only around $25 for the 4 of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums