Hotel Rome Pre-Cruise 1 Night

Rdytogonow

Good Morning,

I am looking for any information and advice. Having never been to Rome I am unfamiliar with the area.

There are 5 persons in total. I have locked in the Crown Plaza St. Peter's for now.

Wondering if anyone has every stayed at the following hotels.

1. Hotel Garda

2. Lazio Elegance Suite

I am seeing pricing in Canadian funds. Which would be great!

I know they are smaller and closer to the area. But is there really that much difference? Would we need to take a taxi?

It is just for one night pre-cruise.

Stacey

I'm not sure that I fully understand your question.

The Crown Plaza St. Peter's is definitely a loooong way from central Rome and the key tourist sites. You can't walk it. There is a shuttle but you have to pay for it and it only runs a few times during the day. There are public buses and about a 15-20 minute walk to the metro station.

If you want to be in Rome, I don't recommend it. It's a big, no-personality hotel that is used by a lot of tour groups (including pre-cruise tours).

I'd look for a nice, well-priced three star hotel in central Rome -- preferably in the vicinity of the Pantheon & Piazza Navona.

I'm not sure that I fully understand your question.

The Crown Plaza St. Peter's is definitely a loooong way from central Rome and the key tourist sites. You can't walk it. There is a shuttle but you have to pay for it and it only runs a few times during the day. There are public buses and about a 15-20 minute walk to the metro station.

If you want to be in Rome, I don't recommend it. It's a big, no-personality hotel that is used by a lot of tour groups (including pre-cruise tours).

I'd look for a nice, well-priced three star hotel in central Rome -- preferably in the vicinity of the Pantheon & Piazza Navona.

We are staying at Hotel Regno via del cords. 3 stars.a few minutes walk from Trevi Fountain and walking distance from Colisseum, Roman Forum, pantheon,Spanish steps and Vatican is about about 40 minutes walk we're told. We are very happy with this hotel. Small and Italian. Old style.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-L22 using Forums mobile app

We are staying at Hotel Regno via del cords. 3 stars.a few minutes walk from Trevi Fountain and walking distance from Colisseum, Roman Forum, pantheon,Spanish steps and Vatican is about about 40 minutes walk we're told. We are very happy with this hotel. Small and Italian. Old style.

That's via del corsa.Not cords.

I followed the recommendations from the knowledgable board posters and stayed near the Pantheon. If you are there only one night it seems even more important to be central. On our first day we could wander the historic center until dark. One son got up early the next day to wander and take pictures of historic buildings without crowds. It was especially nice to be close in that first day

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...

I cancelled the Crown Plaza. Booked the BestWestern Globus. It seemed a little closer for those of us who can walk to attractions and sites.

I have a private car picking us up at the airport. Doing a three hour tour, with drop off at the hotel. This will allow my mother who cannot walk far distances get a glimpse of Rome. Then relax after a night of traveling. Next day same car service picking us up and transfer us to the cruise port.