Joyce Prince Tour

meisha

I have e-mailed Joyce and her tour sounds very good. However, she requires a credit card to hold the tour. She has not told me how much it will cost.

I do not want to offend her but am somewhat hesitant at giving a credit card

number and not know the price of the tour.

Any advice?

We're booked with her in Feb. - she quoted me a price of $35 and a bit more if we want to stop at a beach - which we'll do. I emailed her a credit card number in one email and in another email on a differnet day emailed my expiration date. This is just to hold it - you'll be asked to pay in cash at the completion of the tour.

Here's info about Lord Sheffield from their website at lordsheffield.com

The Pirates of St Maarten day Cruise

Sail a tall ship, hear tales from the high seas and be a pirate for a day

The Lord Sheffield departs Dock Maarten/Great Bay Marina (which is located a short walk from the cruise ship dock in St Maarten/Phillipsburg) and sails under billowing square sails down the protected lee shore of St Maarten to one of the most beautiful beaches on the island. Drink rum punch, cold beer and soak up the Caribbean sun while the crew takes care of your every need.

The Lord Sheffield then anchors close to the beach in crystal clear water for swimming, snorkeling, plank walking and a great feed of BBQ ribs or chicken. Learn from the crew, and see first-hand how the great windjammers of yesterday were sailed. Take a turn at the wheel, sing a sea chantey and just say arrr!

Particulars:

Where: Dock Maarten/Great Bay Marina. See map of Sint Maarten for departure points.

Departs: at 11:00 AM (Atlantic Time)

Returns: 3:30 PM

Drinks: Open bar with beer, rum punch, soft drinks, water, some mixed drinks

Food: BBQ ribs/chicken, french bread, cheese, smoked mussels and fruit tray or similar

What to bring: shorts, shirts, hats, bathing suit, snorkeling gear, sun block, and consider seasick remedies if y ou are susceptible to mal de mer.

Suitability: The Lord Sheffield is suitable for all ages, but it is not equipped to deal with wheel chairs and a certain amount of mobility is required. That being said, the crew of the Lord Sheffield are happy to work with customers to accomodate physical disabilities.

Price: $60 US per person, 30% off for children 12 and under. Children 2 and under are free.

Contact us in Sint Maarten NA at bookings@lordsheffield.com

or call 011 (599) 552-0875

I booked with Joyce, and from my understanding she doesn't charge your credit card. She takes cash the day you go. She just secures your reservation.

My question is:

I have booked her all day($250).

Is ther anywhere we should ask her to go she doesn't automatically take you? (I don't want Orient Beach because of nudity.:eek:

How long and what kind of tour do you get for the charge of $35.00 per person fee?

I also would feel uncomfortable giving a credit card info to book a tour when you were not aware of the price ahead of time.

I have read in many posts though on different boards that rave about Joyce's tours.

How long and what kind of tour do you get for the charge of $35.00 per person fee?

I also would feel uncomfortable giving a credit card info to book a tour when you were not aware of the price ahead of time.

I have read in many posts though on different boards that rave about Joyce's tours.

We just got back from touring with Joyce. I sent her my credit card number in three seperate emails. You pay her in cash once the tour is over. We enjoyed touring with Joyce. She is very knowledgable about her island ~ make sure you have her stop at Rima's - this is the place to get anything, shirts, bags, sarongs, purses, hats at a very low price!

~ make sure you have her stop at Rima's - this is the place to get anything, shirts, bags, sarongs, purses, hats at a very low price!

Do they take visa or cash at the Rima's and if it's cash which kind? US, Dutch, French?

Do they take visa or cash at the Rima's and if it's cash which kind? US, Dutch, French?

They take cash or credit card - I paid with my US dollars! A couple that was touring with us in St Lucia paid $20.00 for a caribbean shirt which had a Rima's tag in and in the store we paid $7.99. They also bag all your purchase in these cute little bags made of fabric ~ so you can also use them for a little gift!

Archived